JOB ADVERT: Human Resources Specialist
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-20
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Human Resources Specialist
Deadline: 07/16/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0305 10
Salary: XAF FCFA19,181,721
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-10
Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ 000-000-0000/ email@example.com
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time 40 hours per week.
Under the supervision of the Human Resources (HR) Officer, incumbent serves as the technical guide in Local Labor Law and practice and coordinator of HR projects and programs. Incumbent also provides general guidance to HRO on Embassy policies and procedures and technical guidance to HR staff on more difficult issues and cases. Serves as technical advisor on Cameroonian Labor Law – including compensation and benefits - and provides guidance to Mission Management on labor litigation. Coordinates various personnel projects or programs such as Employment Programs, Employee Handbook revision, HR kits, Workers’ Compensation Program, HR Standard Operating Procedures, HR Policies, implementation of salary increase.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least five years of progressively responsible experience in H.R. Management, including at least 2 years in a U.S. government Agency or an international organization, and at least 2 years of management or supervisory experience is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have excellent knowledge of human resources procedures and practices. Mastery of the local Labor Code, regulations, as well as social security laws, regulations, and prevailing practices with emphasis on comparators policies as they apply to salaries, allowances, leave, and all other personnel management areas. Job knowledge may be tested.
- A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, public administration, human resources, law, or education is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English is required. Level IV (Fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing French is required. Language will be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Good computer skills - MS Word, Excel, Power Point and e-mail. Must have excellent research skills. Must be able to use intranet and internet to search for regulations and guidance. Good managerial and supervisory skills, typing skills of 40 w.p.m. Excellent written and oral communication skills. Must be able to translate technical legal documents into both official languages, must be able to make public presentation during training and/or orientation. Must use tact and diplomacy during exit interviews and when handling litigation cases with former or departing employees or when communicating with the local legal institutions. Basic arithmetic skills to be able to calculate retirement benefits and other HR benefits. Skills and Abilities will be tested.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.