JOB ADVERT: Purchasing Agent
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-033
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Purchasing Agent - All interested Applicants - All Sources
Deadline: 12/17/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0810 7
Salary: XAF FCFA9,375,614
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ email@example.com
Basic Function of the Position: Processes offshore and local procurement actions for State (ICASS and Program), DAO, OSC, NCIS, SOFLE, USAID, FAO and CDC. Makes petty cash purchases for maintenance repair items for all agencies. Prepares purchase orders for all items required by the mission. Procures items offshore online with U.S. Government purchase card for orders with a total value of less than $3,500.00. Assists in the preparation of quarterly and annual reports required by the Department. Assists in reviewing invoices to ensure billings are correct and proper for payment. Assists in initiating follow-ups for outstanding purchase orders. Manages all personal procurement electronic files.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years experience in procurement or purchasing work in an international organization or large local institution is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Knowledge of local market practices and foreign supplies.
- Education Requirements: Completion of High School (“A” Level or Baccalauréat) is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and level II (Basic Knowledge) Speaking/Reading/Writing French are required. This will be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Basic mathematics ability required, negotiating skills, and diplomacy required. Must be computer literate (MS Word, MS Excel). Must be able to work on special computer procurement programs. Must have a Cat B driver’s license. This will be tested.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy Medical and Security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.