JOB ADVERT: Economic/Political/Commercial Assistant
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-030
Hiring Agency: Branch Office Douala
Position Title: Economic/Political/Commercial Assistant - All Interested Applicants / All Sources
Deadline: 12/09/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 1510 9
Salary: XAF FCFA15,450,981
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-9
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Douala, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Under the direction of the Director of the Embassy Branch Office in Douala, the Economic/Political/Commercial Assistant monitors and reports on developments in economic, political, and commercial affairs and assist with other Embassy and EBO-related activities as assigned. The employee will, under the direction of the EBO Director, provide information to U.S. and Cameroonian exporters, importers, and investors.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Must have at least 4 years of progressively more responsible experience in sales, marketing, economic research, business consulting, commercial banking, or related field.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Should have a thorough understanding of the Cameroonian economy and that of the sub region, including trade patterns, commercial practices, financing practices, organizations, major industries, etc. Should also have an awareness and an interest in politics and political science. Should have a thorough understanding of the "language" of business and economics, to successfully interact with the U.S. and Cameroonian business communities. Must be computer literate (intermediate) in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Power Point, and internet. This will be tested.
- Education Requirements: Bachelor’s degree in economics, marketing, law, or business administration is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing English and Level IV (fluent) Speaking/Reading/Writing French are required. This will be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must be able to develop and maintain good working relationships with counterparts in order to reach upper-level contacts in Cameroon's public and private sectors for principals. Must be able to obtain, evaluate, and analyze commercial data to prepare reports. Must have excellent communication skills. This may be tested.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass U.S. Embassy Medical and Security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.