Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Electrician
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-07
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Electrician
Deadline: 02/27/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 1210 4
Salary: XAF FCFA6,279,741
Work Schedule: Full-time - 40 hours per week
Promotion Potential: LE-4
Duty Location(s): 2 in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ email@example.com
Incumbent performs journeyman level electrical work, involving installation, maintenance and repair on all USG owned and leased properties at post.
- Installs and maintains Automatic Voltage regulators, automatic transfer switches, Transient Voltage Surge Suppressors, Electrical Panels, Fire Alarm Systems, alarm systems appliances, electrical outlets, ceiling fans, air conditioners, water heaters, etc. in accordance with established trade practices and methods. Troubleshoots electrical problems in switchgear, electrical distribution panels and networks, Fire Alarm Systems, Fuel Oil transfer alarm systems, exterior lighting automatic controls, interior lighting automatic and manually controlled, electric motors of various sizes, direct drive exhaust fans, residential alarm systems to trouble shoot official residence and equipment, and repairs if necessary. Performs routine maintenance checks, adjustments and replaces security lights. Maintains all electrical shop tools and equipment, insuring they are in good working condition. Responsible for a clean work site upon completion of task. Performs repairs and PM on generators. Provides assistance to other crafts. Identifies required spare parts, gets vendor quotes, and enters into e-services the request, then follows through with complete procurement status. Follows US Standard safety practices and installation codes, is conversant in all required O&M Manuals, how to properly install electrical distribution panels, networks, can rebuild electrical motors, trouble shoots transformers, trouble shoot residential voltage regulators. Keeps a minimum of 4 months of required spare parts on hand in conjunction with Maintenance Supply. Bi Weekly walks the Maintenance Supply storage areas and familiarizes himself with what is available and what is not available. Knowledgeable in residential grounding and how to get to required OHM levels. Is knowledgeable in lightning suppression devices and applications. Installs new electrical conduit as required. Knowledgeable in Infra Red Scanning, AMP Testing devices, Power Quality Analyzers, Power Monitoring devices and also totally conversant in the monitoring of all Power Monitoring installed devices and applications. 100%
Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years of Journeyman electrician work experience in a diplomatic mission, an international organization, or large local institution is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and instruction manuals on installation and repairs of equipment and appliances; and must have full journeyman knowledge of established practices and procedures of electrical trade. General electrical knowledge of Generator is also required.
- Completion of Elementary school plus a secondary school diploma (CAP or equivalent) in electrical studies from a technical/vocational school, or any accredited institution is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level 1 (Rudimentary) speaking/reading/writing English is required. This will be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to use all tools of trade such as meters, testing equipment, power tools and equipment; use all tools safely and be able to instruct staff in electrical procedures. Also incumbent must be able to evaluate materials used on jobs. Must have knowledge of mathematics as they apply to physics and electricity. This will be tested.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.