JOB ADVERT: Voucher Examiner
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-09
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Voucher Examiner
Deadline: 02/28/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: LE - 0420 7
Salary: XAF FCFA9,125,842
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: LE-7
Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ firstname.lastname@example.org
Basic Function of the Position: This position is located in the Vouchering section of the Financial Management Office of US Embassy Yaounde and reports to the Financial Specialist. This position reviews and processes all types of vouchers submitted for payment from State Department ICASS, PROG, PAS, DS, CDC, DAO, USAID OSC, OBO, PEPFAR and MSG. The incumbent performs duties to comply with USG regulations and ICASS Service standards.
- Processes all types of vouchers for the embassy, ensuring that the invoices are properly approved and that the amounts claimed are accurate and correct. Maintains and updates spreadsheets of utilities and telephone bills for ICASS, PROGRAM, MSG, DS, OBO, PD, DAO, FAO, PEPFAR, USAID and other agencies under Chief of Mission Authority. Processes payment vouchers using Direct Connect while ensuring that the corresponding PO’s are valid, that the invoices are properly approved for payment, and funds are sufficiently obligated. Upload the certified invoices and proof of payments into ILMS. The incumbent also ensures that Prompt Payment requirements are met. 35%
- Monitors COAST to ensure that the obligations are properly established and sufficient funds have been obligated before sending the payments for processing to CFSC, to avoid payment rejections. Request the Budget Analyst to increase obligations where funds are not sufficient to process a payment. Maintains a log for checks and EFT payments processed. Maintains a record of VAT paid to vendors and prepares regularly VAT reimbursement claims to Taxation Department. Ensures that the correct VAT rate is applied and that all VAT legitimates for reimbursement by the Taxation Department is furnished in this report. 25%
- Processes all representation and Official Residence Expenses vouchers while ensuring that they conform to Standardized Regulations. Maintains a record of these accounts for the EXEC, POL/ECON, PAO, ADMIN, RSO, CONS sections and the Embassy Branch Office Douala. Reconciles the 3.5% monthly contribution by the Ambassador and DCM for ORE. Maintains and updates the corresponding fund controls. Keeps the front office inform on the status of these accounts as required. Pays the social insurance contribution for the ORE staff and keeps the records. 20%
- Processes LE Staff medical reimbursement vouchers. Processes travel advances for all mission agencies. Logs incoming invoices, print receiving reports and Purchase orders, attaches them to the invoices for contracting officer’s signature before processing them. 10%
- Carries out an annual survey of base school at post and send the data for the update of Educational allowances. 10%
This position description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by incumbent. Incumbent will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties requested by his or her agency.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least two years of experience in bookkeeping, accounting or finance is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Must have good knowledge of the Cameroonian banking regulations and environment, tax regulations, and the procedures of furnishing VAT re-imbursement claim to the Taxation Department are essential. Must know how to read fiscal strips. Some banking knowledge regarding SWIFT Codes to facilitate direct deposit of vendors’ payments locally and in other countries is required.
- A technical high school diploma in Accounting plus a two-year university or advanced school diploma in Accounting, Finance or Economics is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level III (Good Working Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing English and Level II (Basic Knowledge) speaking/reading/writing French are required. This will be tested
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Computer knowledge is essential (MS Excel, MS Word, Windows, Internet). The incumbent must be able to operate a computer, calculator and typewriter. The incumbent must be well-organized and able to work well with others. Must have excellent mathematical skills, good customer service skills and the ability to work in a multiple staff environment. Must be able to communicate both orally and in writing with employees and vendors. Must be able to read and interpret fairly complex regulations. This will be tested.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.