Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Public Affairs Assistant
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-15
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Public Affairs Assistant
Deadline: 05/30/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: FP - 6002 5
Salary: USD $54,932
Promotion Potential: FP-5
Duty Location(s): 1 in Yaounde, CM
For More Info: HR Section/ (237)222204006/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
Basic Function of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the direct-hire Public Affairs Officer (PAO), the Public Affairs Assistant (PAA) works principally as a media assistant. In the absence of the PAO, the PAA works under the supervision of the direct-hire Cultural Affairs Officer (CAO). The PAA provides work guidance to five Locally Employed Staff (LE Staff) on the media team. Under the PAA’s guidance, the media team is responsible for all internal and external communications. The PAA edits and drafts speeches, remarks, press guidance, and other documents for the Ambassador and the PAO who serves as the Mission’s spokesperson. In accordance with the Integrated Country Strategy (ICS) and the Public Diplomacy Implementation Plan (PDIP), the PAA plans and implements public diplomacy programs for journalists to develop and enhance the effectiveness of the media in Cameroon. The PAA also assists the CAO in its cultural programming as needed.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: At least 3 years of progressive experience in journalism, public relations, marketing - or similar relevant experience
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: A substantial knowledge of journalism, public relations, and communications strategies and techniques.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Public Relations, Marketing, Media Relations, Journalism or a closely related field is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level IV (fluency) speaking, writing, and listening English. This may be tested.
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Must possess MS Office skills (word, outlook, contacts, power point, and excel). Proven facilitator, initiator, and team worker with effective leadership, organizational management and communication skills. Incumbent must be willing to travel. Must have the ability to obtain, organize, analyze, evaluate and present information and to write clearly and concisely. Must have good interpersonal skills. Must be able to draft speeches, talking points, statements, and remarks for the Ambassador
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.