JOB ADVERT: Roving Office Management Assistant
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-17
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Roving Office Management Assistant ([Enter Working Title - if applicable])
Deadline: 07/11/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Vacancy Time Zone: GMT+1
Series/Grade: FP - 0120 8
Salary: USD $39,246
Work Schedule: Full-time -
Promotion Potential: FP-8
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Yaounde, CM
Telework Eligible: No
For More Info: HR Section/ (237)222201500/ firstname.lastname@example.org
The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 number of hours per week)
Basic Function of the Position
The incumbent performs clerical and administrative duties as an Office Management Assistant (OMA) for various sections of the Embassy as assigned pertaining to a multitude of administrative items, both classified and unclassified. The incumbent will need to work independently and possess strong communication skills as the incumbent will be in contact with many diverse individuals on a daily basis. Incumbent will require unescorted access to the Control Access Area (CAA) and a Top Secret security clearance.
Qualifications and Evaluations
EXPERIENCE: Minimum three (3) years of secretarial / office support staff clerical experience only, performing duties such as: filing, scanning, scheduling appointments/meetings, making travel arrangements, ordering office supplies, receiving telephone calls is required.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Proficient in the use of standard office equipment (PCs, faxes, phones, copying machines, etc.) Knowledge of Tags and Terms for the general principles of filing, general office procedures and computer-based data management.
Education Requirements: Completion of High School is required
LANGUAGE: English level IV (Fluent) Reading/Writing/Speaking is required. This may be tested
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must be proficient in Microsoft (MS) Outlook to organize tasks, calendars, and contact databases; of MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint) to organize and present information, and Internet Explorer.
- Must be able to type 40 wpm.
- Must be able to find innovative solutions to practical problems.
- Must be able to plan, organize and prioritize complex tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Must be able to prioritize and handle several different tasks at once and maintain a high standard performance while under pressure.
- Must be able to find information quickly using written and on-line sources on the internet and to distinguish reliable from unreliable information.
- Must be able to write logically and clearly, developing and expressing ideas effectively, while following the general rules of standard written English.
- Must be able to proof read and edit documents written by others.
- Must be able to communicate effectively and professionally with the local and diplomatic community.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
Qualifications: All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.