Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Plumber
Announcement Number: Yaounde-2019-03
Hiring Agency: Embassy Yaounde
Position Title: Plumber
Open Period: 02/23/2019 Format MM/DD/YYYY
Series/Grade: LE - 1210 4
Salary: XAF FCFA6,279,741
Promotion Potential: LE-4
Duty Location(s): 1 Vacancy in Yaounde, CM
For More Info: HR Section, (237)222201500 ext. 4006, email@example.com
- The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for the position of Plumber.
- The work schedule for this position is: Full Time (40 hours per week)
- Incumbent performs journeyman level plumbing work, including installation and preventive maintenance at the Embassy compound and all other U.S. Government properties in Yaounde and Douala. He/She works as scheduled in rotation basis as duty technician on 24 hours basis. The jobholder works under the direct supervision of the Electrical/Mechanical Supervisor and the work guidance of the Plumber Foreman.
- Installs, maintains and repairs of irrigation systems, bathroom fixtures, kitchen sinks, water heaters, drainage pipes, water filters, water tanks, water pumps, water lines for washing machines, landscaping system, chiller water lines and pumps, fire suppression water lines, fire pump, irrigation system, water treatment and filtration system etc. Utilizes materials such as putty, packing plastic pipes, galvanized pipes, aluminum and copper pipes. Maintains and repairs toilets, toilet flushers, blockage of drain and sanitary lines. Repairs and maintains distillers (Plumbing section).
- Identifies problems of leakages, blockages in water feed lines, drainage lines, sewage lines and septic tanks. Identifies repair parts needed and follow up to obtain parts and complete work. Responsible for safe and correct use of tools. Installs and repairs gas ranges, ensuring lines are functional and safe. Installs repairs and performs preventive maintenance on sewage system, fire suppression system, irrigation system, water distillers, water filters, hot water heaters, water tanks and pumps. Special attention to preventive maintenance on swimming pool equipment. 85%
- Performs preventive maintenance on their workshop equipment. 15%
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Evaluations
- EXPERIENCE: Two years of Journeyman plumbing work experience in a large institution or international organization is required.
- JOB KNOWLEDGE: Incumbent must be able to read and understand plumbing schematics on installation and repairs. He/She must have full journeyman
- knowledge of established practices and procedures of the plumbing trade, and the knowledge of lead poisoning and special material conductivity.
- Completion of Elementary school and four years plumbing study/training in a technical or vocational school or any recognized institution is required.
- LANGUAGE: Level 1 (Rudimentary) English is required. (This will be tested.)
- SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to safely use a variety of plumbing tools such as pipe threading machines, soft welding, etc.; diagnose plumbing problems quickly; and lift 50 pounds unassisted. He/She must have a valid driver’s license (category B) and must be capable to drive. (Skills and abilities may be tested.)
- All applicants under consideration will be required to pass medical and security certifications.
- EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY (EEO): The U.S. Mission provides equal opportunity and fair and equitable treatment in employment to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, political affiliation, marital status, or sexual orientation.
HOW TO APPLY
All applications must be submitted online, through the Electronic Recruitment Application (ERA) system, to be considered.