Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Catholic Hospital (C.H)
Catholic Hospital St Mary Soledad is opening recruitment for Laboratory Technicians that will be working in the St. Mary Soledad Hospital in Bamenda and St. Joseph IHC in Widikum, together with the team of MSF – DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS in order to support the association´s activities in North West Region.
MSF - Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Type of contract: CDD
Objective of the position
Perform clinical laboratory activities according to protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
Key Responsibilities of the position
- According to medical prescription, preparing and performing clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following MSF protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Centrifuging blood and urine samples.
- Performing laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensuring proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Taking care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment. Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Applying hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done. Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supplying orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keeping organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Reporting all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines. Performing minor maintenance and cleaning of the biomedical equipment following user manual and protocols. Alerting the supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
Requirements for application
- Laboratory Technician diploma /degree.
- Minimum 1 year working experience
- English and Pidgin English knowledge
- Computer literacy (word, excel, internet)
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas & certificates) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com or delievered to St Maria Soledad, Alakuma – Mankon, Bamenda
Deadline: Sunday 25 November 2018