Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Catholic Hospital (C.H)
NURSES OPERATION ROOM
Catholic Hospital St Mary Soledad is opening recruitment for OT Nurses that will be working in the St. Mary Soledad Hospital in Bamenda and St. Joseph IHC in Widikum, together with the team of MSF- DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS in order to support the association´s activities in North West Region.
MSF- Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Type of contract: CDD
Objective of the position
Organize and carry-out all nursing activities related to the operating theatre (OT) running universal hygienic standards and in coordination with the surgeon and anaesthetist, in order to ensure a smooth functioning of the surgical activities (pre, during and post-operative care) offered to patients.
Key Responsibilities of the position
- Ensure the preparation of the material and equipment (checking the quantity and quality), in the OT and carry-out the reception, transport of the patient from the preparation room to the OT and ensuring his/her installation for surgery.
- Assist the surgeon and anaesthetist during the operation, anticipating their needs, in order to facilitate their job and helping throughout the whole process. Checks vital parameters of the patient with the nurse anaesthetist
- Organize the patient’s transport and installation from the operating theatre to the recovery room and carry-out and/or supervise all the post-operative activities (used material collection, OT’s cleaning and disinfection, resetting all equipment and material back), in order to prepare the OT for next surgical intervention or any emergency.
- Implement and follow-up the hygiene, sterilization, asepsis and disinfection protocols and procedures at all times, in pre, during and post-operative activities, in order to ensure the patient and staff’s safety conditions
- Supervise and train the nurse-aids and cleaners while in the OT in following all appropriate protocols and procedures, in order to ensure the quality of the healthcare given to patients. and train NS where applicable
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Follow user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning of any device.
- Control all equipment and material stock to be used in the OT, in order to ensure an efficient and rationale use of material resources while preventing damage and deterioration.
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents and report any problematic situations and cases arising, in order to have updated and correct information about the daily activity ensuring proper transfer of information.
Requirements for application
- Recognised Nurse degree/diploma with specialisation as theatre nurse
- Desirable 2 years of previous nursing experience including supervising and training others in a team setting
- English and Pidgin English knowledge
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas & certificates) must be sent by email to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org or delievered to St Maria Soledad, Alakuma – Mankon, Bamenda
Deadline: Sunday 25 November 2018