Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Catholic Hospital (C.H)
Catholic Hospital St Mary Soledad is opening recruitment for Anaesthesia Nurses that will be working in the St. Mary Soledad Hospital in Bamenda and St. Joseph IHC in Widikum, together with the team of MSF - DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS in order to support the association´s activities in North West Region.
MSF - Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Type of contract: CDD
Objective of the position
Assisting the doctor anaesthetist with all anaesthetic medical activities (pre-anaesthesia evaluation, administration of anaesthesia, recovery period, specific pharmacy, equipment, general organization, etc.) according to protocols and universal hygiene standards, in order to ensure the quality of pre, during and post-operative care of patients.
Key Responsibilities of the position
- Assisting the doctor in the consultations to patients due for surgery: evaluating the risks of operating obtaining patient’s written authorization for their operation, providing patients with appropriate information on their illness and treatments, and deciding on what type of anaesthetics to be used in order to collaborate in setting everything up before surgery
- According to set procedures, carrying out all nursing anaesthetics related activities during surgery in order to collaborate in patient's adequate anaesthetized state and safety during the process. Preparing the drugs, material, and equipment required for the surgery. Monitoring patients throughout the whole intervention and administering and maintaining anaesthetics following the rules of hygiene and asepsis in force.
- Assisting the doctor in providing post-operative care, including immediate post-operative surveillance in the recovery room and special patients present in the intensive care unit, in order to adapt the prescriptions during the stabilization and recovery process. Performing consultation rounds with the Surgeon Doctor once or twice a day, discussing therapeutic orientations with the department manager, renewing prescriptions and ensuring they are followed and systematically evaluating patients' pain to adapt prescriptions and/or therapies for their relief.
- Respects, promotes and ensures medical confidentiality.
- Implements and follows hygiene rules, procedures and protocols at all times as well as look after the integrity of anaesthesia material in order to ensure the safety and protection of patients and other staff. Knows accidental blood exposure policy and procedure and implements them when necessary.
- Carries out all pharmacy related activities and other equipment of anaesthetic ward, doing special follow-up of narcotics and sedatives ensuring enough stock-up and the good functioning to carry-out the medical activities.
Requirements for application
- Recognised Nurse degree/diploma with specialisation as anaesthesia nurse
- Desirable 2 years of previous anaesthesia nursing experience including supervising and training others
- English and Pidgin English knowledge
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas & certificates) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com or delievered to St Maria Soledad, Alakuma – Mankon, Bamenda
Deadline: Sunday 25 November 2018