Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Catholic Hospital (C.H)
Catholic Hospital St Mary Soledad is opening recruitment for Midwives that will be working in the St. Mary Soledad Hospital in Bamenda and St. Joseph IHC in Widikum, together with the team of MSF – DOCTORS WITHOUT BORDERS in order to support the association´s activities in North West Region.
MSF - Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions.
Type of contract: CDD
Objective of the position
Provide obstetrical care to pregnant women and their babies, doing follow up before, during and after delivery, according to obstetrical and reproductive health protocols, universal hygienic and newborn caring standards and under supervision of a specialist doctor, in order to ensure their health conditions and avoid post-delivery complications.
Key Responsibilities of the position
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Where PMTCT is implemented, ensuring implementation of the PMTCT protocol in the ANC/delivery and PNC consultations (pre counselling, test and post counselling. Collaborating with the medical doctor in the management of Sexual Violence cases.
- Assessing the feasibility for referral of pregnant women form the TBAs to the OPD/MCH for medical evaluation and/or complicated deliveries. Performing cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Following the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Guaranteeing a regular and ongoing supply of drugs and equipment required for maternity activities (including monitoring/consumption control/ordering of orders.
- Properly following up all newborn babies from delivery until discharge, informing mothers and relatives about importance of breast feeding, vaccination and possible complications resulting from harmful traditional practices.
- Ensuring patients’ right to privacy and confidentiality is respected
- Supervising that administrative procedures of admissions and hospitalizations comply with MSF protocols , as well as verify patients are properly informed and receive the documents required (birth certificate, vaccination card, etc
- Participatingin the organisation of the ward in collaboration with other midwifes and the maternity ward supervisor. Ensure transfer of relevant information to the next shift team (specially identifying risk cases)
Requirements for application
- Recognised midwifery qualification or specialization
- Desirable 1 year of previous nursing experience in midwife activities
- English and Pidgin English knowledge
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas & certificates) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com or delievered to St Maria Soledad, Alakuma – Mankon, Bamenda
Deadline: Sunday 25 November 2018