CAMEROON OIL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (COTCO)
COTCO is seeking for qualified candidates for the position of:
Facilities Maintenance Engineer
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer receives guidance from the Facilities Superintendent.
His work location is Douala with regular trips to COTCO sites (Dompta, Belabo, Kribi and offshore) depending on operations requirements.
The Facilities Maintenance Engineer is responsible for the Management of Maintenance of Douala and Field Camp Facilities (HVAC systems. Electricity, Plumbing, Civil work etc.;) he or she also handles Building and Civil Engineering projects in order to ensure a safe and reliable maintenance of facilities and installations.
Key assignments include:
- Ensuring all company (Douala & Field Camp) Facilities maintenance activities;
- Planning and scheduling the Facilities maintenance service including work performed by contractors;
- Responding to concern s and complaints of Customers/end-users in a positive and courteous manner;
- Monitoring the use and inventories of spare parts, maintenance supplies, and equipment;
- Establishing and maintaining a computerized maintenance management system (CMMS);
- Serving as safety representative, including coordination of safety training assisting with safety audits, facilitating compliance with standards and maintaining related safety records;
- Ensuring compliance to environmental and safe work practices.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Ideal candidate should be anyone interested in the job and have the following profile.
Educational: Maintenance Engineering Degree or any other equivalent engineering degree.
Professional Experience and Knowledge required:
- Knowledge on operating and maintenance of Building & Facilities and related installations systems (mechanical, plumbing, heating, ventilation, fire prevention and electrical)
- Good knowledge of maintenance work planning scheduling, work selection, project management and prioritization
- Analytical thinker, enthusiastic, self-directed and customer focused
- Sound understanding of business practices and controls
- Proficiency in SAP IPES (service requisition, service acceptance, maintenance work notification)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
Skills and attributes required:
- Ability to speak English and French fluently and to communicate in English over the phone and via e-mail
- Good understanding and knowledge of suppliers and services within Cameroon, related to the provision of Maintenance services
- Good written and oral communication skills
- Excellent customer relations.
Ability to effectively work under pressure with no supervision.
If you meet the requirements listed for one of these positions and you are interested in pursuing a career with COTCO, please drop your Curriculum vitae and reference letter at COTCO headquarters in a sealed envelope with the following text written on the envelope:
Application for the position of Facilities Maintenance Engineer
Attn: COTCO Human Resources department
164, Rue Toyota, Bonapriso
Po Box 3738
In addition, all candidates are encouraged to submit online applications together with an English version of their curriculum vitae. Please visit our website at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/imports/careers/careers_map.aspx
How to navigate the website?
In order to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV). Select Africa, and then Cameroon and apply online either in English or in French.
The advert closes on November 16th, 2017.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.