Job Advert: Guard
The U.S. Mission in Yaounde, Cameroon is seeking eligible and qualified applicants for fourty(40) Guard positions. These positions are located in Yaounde, Cameroon.
CLOSING DATE: January 3, 2017
WORK HOURS: Full time, 55 hours/week
BASIC FUNCTION OF THE POSITION
Under the direct supervision of a Guard Supervisor and overall supervision of the Guard Force Commander, the incumbent performs guard services to safeguard and protect U.S. Government property and personnel.
Major Duties and Responsibilities: 95%
Guards and patrols various U.S. Embassy Yaounde facilities in accordance with LGF orders to include the Chancery, Parking Lots, Consular Section, Marine House, Service Building, Ambassador's Residence and U.S. diplomats residences. Prevents unauthorized entry of persons into U.S. Government facilities and residences by stopping pedestrians and vehicles.
Specific duties include:
- Performs visual checks of all packages, briefcases and screen visitors prior to entrance into U.S. Government property.
- Checks manifest or authorized supply list to assure that materials being removed are specifically authorized;
- Performs crowd control and security of the Consular Section.
- Patrols assigned areas to prevent unauthorized parking, search for suspicious parcels or objects and prevent unauthorized loitering in and around U.S. Government property area.
- Performs security checks of vehicles entering Embassy compound and parking facilities. Operates physical security barriers, vehicles inspection mirrors, walk-thru metal detectors and x-ray machines to prevent unauthorized access.
- Guards work on a shift schedule and should be available for on-call duty as prescribed in that shift schedule. Wears clean, neat, well-ironed, and complete uniforms while on duty. Duty starts at roll-call. Be in the prescribed uniform and ready for inspection at roll-call.
- Reports fire, attempts or actual theft or intruders to direct supervisor or to the RSO.
- Maintains logbook during his/her shift and reports to supervisor on specific incidents concerning unusual circumstances or events
Applicants must address each required qualification listed below with specific and comprehensive information supporting each item. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
EDUCATION: Completion of Elementary School (FSLC, CEP, or equivalent diploma) is required.
EXPERIENCE: At least one year of military, police or private experience in security related duties in an international organization or a large local institution is required.
LANGUAGE: Level II (Limited Knowledge) Speaking/Reading of English and French are required. (This will be tested.)
SKILLS AND ABILITIES: Incumbent must be able to receive and follow instructions; must be reliable in attendance and performance; must have the ability to deal politely and tactfully with the public and employees; must be courteous, tactful but firm at all time and be able to respond to a wide range of situations; must be alert and observant. He/she must have the ability to communicate easily with all level of staff and visitors. Skills and abilities may be tested.
JOB KNOWLEDGE: Upon completion of RSO training, incumbent must have working knowledge of general and specific Guard and Post Orders and thorough understanding of the requirements of a Guard as well as standards expected of any security guard.
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants must submit the following documents to be considered. Failure to do so may result in a determination that the applicant is not qualified.
- Universal Application for Employment (UAE) (Form DS-174), which is available on our website or by contacting Human Resources. (See “For Further Information” above);
- Any additional documentation that supports or addresses the requirements listed above (e.g. transcripts, degrees, etc.)
WHERE TO APPLY:
Human Resources Office
P.O. Box 817, Tel.: 222-201-500, Ext 4006, U.S. Embassy Yaounde, Cameroon
- E-mail Address: email@example.com
- Indicate the position title on the subject line.