Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Assistant au Chef de Sous délégation
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Assistant Head of Sub Delegation (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to the Sub-delegation's analysis of the political, socio-economic, humanitarian and security situation prevailing in the South West;
- Contributes to the identification of humanitarian issues or priority needs of populations, particularly those related to situations of violence or conflict;
- Supports the establishment and contributes to the maintenance of a networking within religious and community authorities as well as humanitarian and development actors;
- Is associated with the definition of strategies (PROT, PREV, COOP), the identification and planning of Prevention programs with influential actors in the South West region and their evaluation in coordination with COM / FO;
- Contributes to the writing of regular reports (BOR, activity report, security update, etc.);
- Responsible for updating the incident table, the list of interlocutors and translates various documents from local languages (Pidgin) into English and vice versa;
- Provide to the sub-delegation, analysis, advice and support to inform the thinking and implementation strategies of programs in the SW (support to operational departments);
- Assists the Sub-Delegation and delegation in the reflection and understanding of the environment and the political, humanitarian and socio-economic dynamics of interest to the ICRC, through a deep and high-level analysis, at the local level, national issues and its transnational and regional issues;
- Participates and feeds internal reflection on the changing of security, political and humanitarian situation in the SW and more generally in the neighboring sub division of FAKO;
- Proposes strategies, priorities and action plans for better achieving the ICRC's goals in the region as defined in the PfR;
- Represents the ICRC to political, military, administrative, traditional and religious authorities and to humanitarian and other public organizations when relevant;
- Helps identify, establish and maintain contact with the interlocutors needed to develop the ICRC's network and activities in SW;
- Defines mapping of influential traditional leaders in the region (trends/actors);
- Identifies, proposes and implements activities with religious circles and community leaders (e.g. first aid information and training sessions) to maintain a constant dialogue with these target audiences with the goal of improve their knowledge of the institution and its understanding of how it should be operated;
- Provides support when relevant to the implementation and monitoring of the activities of other departments, including;
- Supports the various assessments, implementation and monitoring of ICRC assistance activities in the geographical area covered by BUEA Sub-Delegation;
- Provides support for the evaluations and activities of the Protection Department (accompanying the protection delegate based in the coverage area.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as political science, international relations and Management;
- Fluent spoken and written English and / or French and pidgin English where appropriate;
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint);
- Minimum 5 years’ work experience in a field relevant to Management / Protection (preferably with the ICRC or other Humanitarian Organizations);
- Experience in an ICRC operation an asset;
- IHL knowledge an asset;
- Knowledge of the political, social and media environment in the country / region covered.High school diploma, technical education or professional or university degree (Bachelor, Master…) in a related field.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Position based in BUEA
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: September 27, 2019 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (email@example.com) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Unsuccessful applications may be withdrawn from the ICRC until October 31, 2019.
After this date, they will be destroyed.