Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Protection Field Officer (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors the files related to Restoring Family Links (RFL) in the NorthWest according to the delegation's guidelines and ensures that all necessary information is transmitted, within the deadlines established by the delegation, to the PROT/DATA team in Yaoundé;
- Contributes to the collection of allegations of detention/arrest and to the monitoring of RFL services for the families of detainees (MCR, telephone calls, facilitation of family visits, etc.) including through field trips;
- Writes field memos and followsup on cases as part of the preparation of field missions;
- Contributes to the collection of information and regular analysis of protection issues, including trends in terms of main violations, their perpetrators and consequences for populations;
- Participates in the monitoring of protection cases;
- Participates in interviews with victims or direct witnesses of events in order to document violations of International Humanitarian Law and Human Rights Law. Enters the collected data into the required tool according to the guidelines;
- Participates in the establishment of a network of contacts and its regular updating and ensures its operationality;
- Contributes to the regular analysis of the impact/consequences of ICRC’s activities (Protection and Assistance) on beneficiaries in order to ensure the relevance of ICRC's action and respect of the principle of "Do No Harm";
- Contributes to the global analysis of the security and humanitarian situation and identifies protection needs and issues;
- Translates between English and Pidgin/local languages for the delegate and other ICRC staff during interviews with beneficiaries and interlocutors;
- Prepares field missions (mission forms, work advance, field equipment, accommodation, food, etc.);
- Writes mission reports and other notes on specific themes or actors, contributes to the protection reporting.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University education – licence, masters degree or equivalent;
- 2 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, development work or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in oral and written English;
- Fluency in Pidgin;
- Good knowledge of oral and written French;
- Good computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent knowledge of the North-West and South-West and its socio-cultural and security contexts;
- Availability and flexibility for frequent field missions;
- Absence of external/personal commitments incompatible with a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization;
- No criminal record in Cameroon or in a third country;
- Ability to efficiently communicate orally and in writing;
- Listening skills, empathy, autonomy, organizational skills, rigour and honesty;
- Ability to analyze, synthesize, discretion and sense of confidentiality;
- Team spirit, ability to adapt and learn.
Starting date: As soon as possible
Position based in BAMENDA
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to:
Deadline: December 5, 2019 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Unsuccessful applications may be withdrawn from the ICRC until December 31, 2019. After this date, they will be destroyed.