Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Field Officer Communication
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Communication Field Officer (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Contributes to defining communication and, where relevant, prevention objectives, strategies and plans of action for the Buea sub-delegation, in line with the Yaounde delegation’s communication/prevention strategy;
- Contributes to the evaluation of communication objectives and results;
- Establishes an analytical mapping of actors of influence for the South West region and ensures its regular update;
- With minimum supervision, implements relevant activities and develops tools for: operational and public communication, promoting international humanitarian law (IHL);
- Supports the Head of Sub-Structure and/or Communication or Communication/Prevention Manager in networking with relevant stakeholders, (local authorities, military, police and security services, media, other actors of influence) and represents the ICRC to various audiences;
- Follows political, security, military and humanitarian developments, as well as other issues relevant to the ICRC's reputation/perception and capacity to operate in the geographic area covered, contributing to their analysis;
- Interprets and translates from and into the local language to support communication programmes when required;
- Supports operational communication-related training and coaching for field-structure staff and/or other departments;
- Participates in the definition of action plans for operational communication for the South-West and ensures the establishment, appropriation and integration of operational communication in the operational set up of the sub-delegation;
- Plans, organizes, follows administrative processes and conducts briefings on ICRC activities, its mandate and dissemination sessions on humanitarian principles (basic rules of IHL) with local or community authorities; arms bearers, beneficiary communities or any other target population or stakeholder identified as a priority at the operational or institutional level;
- Creates and maintains a network of key journalists and other contacts in the local media; and ensures that relevant communication tools are made available on a regular basis;
- Facilitates contacts between the media and the sub-delegation and operational departments, as well as media coverage of activities in the area covered by the sub-delegation;
- Identifies public communication opportunities for the sites and organizes media outings to promote and position the ICRC's priority themes and activities;
- Contributes to the enrichment of the photographic / audio-visual bank of the delegation;
- Ensures active monitoring of information disseminated by the media in general and the local media in particular, on topics of interest to the ICRC;
- Contributes to the weekly situational analysis (contribution for the BOR), as well as to punctual analyzes on important issues for the operations of the sub-delegation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University degree or equivalent in a relevant field such as communications, political science, international relations or journalism;
- Fluent spoken and written English and/or French and pidgin where appropriate;
- Computer skills (proficiency in MS Office); familiarity with digital communication tools;
- Minimum 3 years’ work experience in a field relevant to communication and/or prevention (preferably with the ICRC);
- Experience in an ICRC operation an asset;
- IHL knowledge an asset;
- Sound knowledge of the political, social and media environment in the country/region covered;
- Understands and respects the seven principles of the International Movement of the Red Cross and Red Crescent;
- Understands and respects the ICRC Code of conduct;
- Understands the respective roles of the Movement components;
- Respects the strictest confidentiality in the performance of tasks in the interest of the employees and the ICRC.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Position based in BUEA
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to: email@example.com
Deadline: September 10, 2019 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (firstname.lastname@example.org) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Unsuccessful applications may be withdrawn from the ICRC until September 30, 2019.
After this date, they will be destroyed.