Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Associate Data Officer
Job openings: 1
Location: Douala, Littoral
Reports to: Senior Data Management Officer
Start date: October 1, 2019
Applications Due: August 20, 2019
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better.This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
He/She is member of the SI&E department. He will be working under the direct supervision of the Data Manager. The Associate Data Officer will work closely with the Data manager to ensure cleaning of data base; and maintain data monitoring system within the project. He will be able to provide conduct data quality check and provide report on data quality. He / she will report to the Data manager.
- Support development and maintenance of databases
- Conduct data quality assessment in project databases; generate general listing of errors or incoherence to be corrected.
- Support data cleaning of databases
- Produce requests of data which need corrections and share with the M&E Officers of various districts
- Support a robust archiving system (electronic and hard copy) for central databases, queries logs
- Support data analysis and data use ate site level and above site.
- Support data reporting into DATIM
- Degree in statistics, informatics, biostatistics, epidemiology or any other relevant domain
- A diploma in public health, or any other field will be appreciated.
- Knowledge and understanding of human subjects' research and GCP.
- Experience in management of electronic data collection software will be highly valued.
- Knowledge and master of at least one statistic analysis software (Stata; SPSS; SAS) is mandatory
- Excellent teamwork and coordination skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Perfect professional proficiency French and ability to work in English.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners
- Demonstrated expertise in providing targeted technical assistance on various M&E themes of public health programs
- Demonstrated expertise in developing databases and dashboards
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Power bi, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, very demanding
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
- Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited, or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: Associate Data Officer
Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.