The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation seeks a
Call for Interns-Data Entry clerk
Job Title: Data Entry Clerks
Job Openings: 03
Duty station: Yaoundé, EGPAF Office
Report to: Strategic Information & Evaluation Assistant
Contract Duration: one month with possibility of extension
Terms of offers: This position is remunerated on local terms (for local candidates only)
Possible start date: Immediate/ 13th January 2020.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000 - nine of 10 who work in the field - the Foundation’s global mission is to eliminate pediatric HIV and AIDS by implementing HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
Through a grant from UNITAID, EGPAF will introduce and scale-up Catalyzing Pediatric Tuberculosis (CaP-TB) in 10 countries including Cameroon. This four-year project will cover 50 facilities across 03 Regions in Cameroon. The Project will enable the testing of up to 8906 presumptive pediatric TB cases using GeneXpert platform, started up to 12853 TB contact cases on Preventive Therapy and initiate up to 909 diagnosed infants on DS-TB.
Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking to recruit 03 interns to support the UNITAID CaP-TB Data Entry into the project database in EGPAF Cameroon country office in Yaoundé. The Data entry clerk interns will work under the guidance of the SI&E Assistant to strengthen the Monitoring and Evaluation process and system for the project through compliance in data management procedures, in order to update project databases with pending patient level project data for screening.
Domaine 1- Data management :
- Receive ICF forms from regional team.
- Check for completeness and inconsistencies.
- Provide feedback to Regional team
- Data abstraction and Entry into project data entry tools
- Ensure proper form storage and data archiving;
- Language: bilingualism (French and English). However, speak one language fluently and working knowledge in another language is absolutely required;
- Level: BACC+2; Advanced Level GCE +2. Background in Computer science is an advantage
- 1-year experience on data management for health program will be an added advantage;
- Have a good Knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, Familiar with Excel, and verse online data entry
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following adress CameroonRecruitment@pedaids.org
Applications will be considered on or before 15th January 2020.