Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Field Officer Protection
The regional delegation of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) for Central Africa of Yaoundé is seeking for its needs a candidate for the post below:
Field Officer Protection (Man / Woman)
ACCOUNTABILITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists the protection delegate in the implementation of protection activities of the Buea sub-delegation;
- Under the supervision of the protection delegate, maintains contacts with various local interlocutors such as members of the local Red Cross branches, the local population and other key contacts in their area of responsibility;
- Collects and analyses information on the humanitarian situation on the ground;
- Writes reports on activities and minutes of various meetings;
- Carries out field missions, particularly in the South-West and/or other ICRC areas of operation, depending on professional needs;
- Performs oral and written translations when necessary;
- Respects, applies and enforces safety rules;
- May perform other tasks on request according to the needs of the sub-delegation.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- University education – licence, masters degree or equivalent;
- 2 years of professional experience in humanitarian work, development work or other relevant fields;
- Fluency in oral and written English; Fluency in Pidgin;
- Good knowledge of oral and written French;
- Good computer knowledge and skills (Word, Excel, Power Point);
- Excellent knowledge of the South-West and North-West and its socio-cultural and security contexts;
- Availability and flexibility for frequent field missions;
- Absence of external/personal commitments incompatible with a neutral and impartial humanitarian organization;
- No criminal record in Cameroon or in a third country;
- Ability to efficiently communicate orally and in writing;
- Listening skills and empathy;
- Autonomy, organizational skills, rigour and honesty;
- Ability to analyse, synthesize, discretion and sense of confidentiality;
- Team spirit and ability to adapt and learn.
Starting date: As soon as possible.
Position based in BUEA
Please send your application, with a complete CV and a cover letter by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: July 26, 2019 at 17:00
NB: The entire recruitment process at the ICRC is free of charge. Only the HR Department, (email@example.com) is empowered to provide information or results on this process.
Only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Unsuccessful applications may be withdrawn from the ICRC until August 31, 2019. After this date, they will be destroyed.