Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Finance & Accounting Manager
Job openings: 01
Reports to: Associate Director of Operations
Contract Duration: open-ended
Terms of Offer: This position is remunerated on local terms.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
The Finance & Accounting Manager will establish and maintain accounting and finance procedures for EGPAF and ensure compliance with all regulatory (donor, foundational, and statutory) requirements. To provide direction to operational and programmatic teams and lead areas of accounting, finance and compliance for country programs. To provide guidance to accounting and finance junior personnel including reviewing deliverables including but not limited to accounting, auditing, budgeting, compliance, forecasting, procurement, and treasury management. To liaise with headquarters Finance and Accounting Country Support team on routine communication and deliverables. To strengthen and support accounting and finance operations in Douala and Yaoundé.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Monthly Accounting Activity and Treasury Management
- Monthly review of accounting records and vouchers prepared by staff.
- Act as primary liaison with Washington, D.C. based finance team.
- Monitor cash flows and conduct random cash counts at least once every month.
- Maintain proper cash controls, contact with Bank representatives, and review all bank reconciliations.
- Support with the oversight of payments to vendors, reviewing procurement agreements (and liaising with HQ Finance and Awards and Compliance Teams), facilitate payment procedures, and implementation of best practices.
- Review monthly financial statements and packages before they are sent to EGPAF HQ on a timely basis.
- Support with the review of all expense payment and employee reimbursement requests to ensure that expenditures have been correctly charged, and that funds are available.
2. Budgeting and Financial Reporting
- Development of new business cost proposals and liaising with HQ FACS team as appropriate.
- Development of annual budgets under continuation awards.
- Development of a comprehensive country-wide budget to track funding and expenses.
- Coordinates the preparation and review of all periodic financial reporting.
- Liaise with and provide support to project managers and headquarters regarding project budgets, expenditures and financial reporting.
- Monitor budget implementation and advice on reallocation of funds when necessary.
3. Staff Management and Supervision
- To manage the activities of the country office’s accounting and finance staff to ensure completion of the deliverables to meeting both internal Foundational and external donor requirements.
- To review key deliverables completed by accounting and finance staff and to provide guidance as appropriate.
- Oversee the preparation and allocation of payroll and fringe benefits national staff.
- To conduct accounting and finance trainings to accounting and finance staff; and program staff on routine basis and as appropriate.
- To provide support to program teams and operations staff as appropriate on accounting and finance topics. Ensure routine visits to site offices for compliance and support supervision.
- To lead country finance operations with independence, integrity, and objectivity.
4. Audit and Compliance Review Support
- Conducting in-country internal audits on annual and ad hoc basis for the country office.
- Liaise with operations and program staff on strengthening voucher compliance procedures including the development of templates and tools to boost compliance.
- Ensure that records are adequately maintained for assets and oversee the reconciliation of assets to accounting records.
- Support EGPAF’s annual internal audit and Compliance Review functions and follow up of findings
5. Other Responsibilities
- Provide relevant input for reports to the ADO, Country Director and EGPAF HQ as necessary.
- Attend relevant inter-agency, donor coordination and other meetings and present on accounting and finance issues, where required.
Required Qualifications and Key Competencies:
- A Master’s degree in Finance, Accounting or other related field of study
- A qualified professional certificate like ACCA, CIMA
- Minimum 5 years of experience directly supporting/managing Finance in an INGO environment with at least 2 years in a similar position.
- Solid knowledge of accounting and financial reporting
- Experience from working in complex contexts
- Solid knowledge of computer software and modern accounting systems; particularly Microsoft Excel.
- Experience in using QuickBooks accounting system
- Fluency in French and English, both written and verbal
- Experience in setting up a Finance structure/team.
- Experience with start-up programs in complex environment
- Excellent knowledge of the Cameroon fiscal environment
- Working knowledge and understanding of US Government procurement policies and procedures relevant to procurement. Preference for experience with Centers for Disease Control (CDC).
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Excellent analytical, oral and written communication skills in English and French
- Highly organized with ability to prioritize and multi-task while working as part of a team
- Possess strong accuracy, attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Computer literate, with strong knowledge of, and experience with Microsoft Office applications
- Honest, energetic, independent, self-motivated and administratively self-sufficient
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, exercise discretion and sound judgment.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Manager:
- Developing Others – Developing others is a person’s ability to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
- Managing Conflict – Managing conflict is a person’s ability to encourage creative tension and differences of opinions. He/she will anticipate and take steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations while resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Managing People – Managing people is a person’s ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs. He/she will ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded. He/she will also manage a multi-cultural workforce and a variety of workforce situations.
How to apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link Finance & Accounting Manager
Applications will be considered on or before 21 April 2019.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
NB: EGPAF does not charge a fee in the recruitment process.