Position: Data Entry Clerks
Number of Positions: 9
Location: Centre, Littoral, Adamaoua, North and Southwest.
About the Project
The Cameroon Kangaroo Mother Care DIB (Development Impact Bond) aims to improve health outcomes for low-birth-weight and preterm infants by expanding access to Kangaroo Mother Care (“KMC”) – a neonatal intervention particularly suited for low-resource settings – in up to 10 hospitals in Cameroon through an innovative train-the-trainer model. Kangaroo Foundation Cameroon will manage the program and provide KMC trainings and general intervention support to hospitals. The intervention will be rolled out in the following regions of Cameroon: North, Adamaoua, Littoral, Centre, and South West.
The program will be delivered through a Development Impact Bond – an outcomes-based funding instrument, in which a philanthropic Investor pays in advance for the intervention, and Outcomes Funders commit to making payments to the investor only if the intervention is successful. Outcomes Funders committed include: the Cameroonian Ministry of Public Health (drawing upon the World Bank-managed Global Financing Facility Trust Fund) and Nutrition International. Grand Challenges Canada is the investor.
About the role
The Data Entry Clerk will be part of the Cameroon KMC DIB team and will report directly to the Data Manager while working alongside and in collaboration with the KMC unit staff (The nurses, General Practitioner or Paediatrician). The Data Entry Clerk will also receive support and work in close collaboration with the DIB Implementation team to ensure data is well captured to attain the project goals and Objectives.
The Data Entry Clerk will work closely with the Independent Verification Agent from IRESCO to develop a holistic and close to real-time understanding of the intervention especially with the quality assurance checklist to observe all desired protocols. The Data Entry clerk will be measuring and assessing progress by ensuring the reporting of data is done appropriately and in a timely manner.
The Data Entry clerk will ensure that challenges and positive feedback lessons observed in the field will be channelled to the Data Manager on a regular (Daily/weekly) basis to ensure appropriate monitoring and follow up of the indicators been captured.
The Data Entry Clerk will be responsible for the following activities:
- Verify and report the indicators of services reported by the KMC hospital-based teams on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Facilitate and assist in the inclusive follow up of the quality assurance checklist with the IVA from IRESCO to ensure consistency in mastery of the project by all hospital-based stakeholders and the beneficiaries.
- Daily monitoring and checks for updates of data captured on the DIB Database System.
- Weekly Filling and update of the DIB Database portal system with verified and documented/monitored composite indicators; «cloud computing».
- Weekly submission of electronic data entry forms for data captured via email to the Data Manager with signed hard copies filed safely at the hospital. Monthly submission of a quality assurance checklist on the functionality of the KMC/NEONATAL Units.
- Monthly submission of reports for data captured and monitored per region for the Hospitals involved to the Implementation team via the Data Manager
- In collaboration with the KMC unit staff ensure proper follow up of the clients registered in the KMC program to minimize and reduce the number of drop out cases. Support KMC unit staff to ensure targets are been achieved quantitatively and qualitatively.
- Efficiently manage the work tools put at his/her disposal.
Minimum education and experience required
- A relevant HND qualification
- A minimum of 2 years’ relevant work experience
- A background in healthcare is an added advantage
Key competencies and professional expertise required
- Ability to work with a diversified team of persons and manage the relationships with other collaborators appropriately.
- Should be capable of working independently, and in a team and under pressure.
- Should have at least two years working experience carrying out socio-economic, and health development surveys in the communities using various data collection instruments.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and French.
- Good mastery of the local language especially North and Adamawa Regions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in using Excel spread sheet to visualize and report data
- Ability to understand and master new software packages and systems.
- Previous experience working in the health sector
- Should be able to analyze, survey data using computer-based applications, INFO MS excel, word, Power point, etc. An Exposure to the DHIS 2 Online data base system will be beneficial.
How to apply:
If you meet the above requirements, please submit a CV and cover letter to F.Kangaroorecruitment@gmail.com. The subject line should be “Application for Data Entry Clerk position”, Send application by Tuesday 30th April, 2019
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.