Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: MEDICAL DOCTOR
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MEDICAL DOCTOR
Working locations: Widikum – North West
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, MSF protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the pa-tients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting Doctors Without Borders protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following Doctors Without Borders protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all Doctors Without Borders medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to Doctors Without Borders HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Medical Doctor diploma Desirable diploma in Tropical Medicine.
- 2 year experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within med-ical training). Desirable in tropical medicine, or post-registration experience in Public Health , obs and gynae, paediatrics, A, infectious diseases, HIV/AIDS/STDs, TB, gen-eral practice, general medicine or minor surgery.
- Essential English language; Pidgin English language would be an asset.
- Competencies: Commitment to Doctors Without Borders Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork, Service Orientation.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: MEDICAL DOCTOR NW18032019 or else be submitted at the Bamenda Office (Faith Building, Che Street, Ntarinkon, Bamenda) in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment MEDICAL DOCTOR for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Saturday 23rd March 2019 at 16:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.