Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors without Borders, for its activities in Buea, is looking for:
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
For our activities we are looking for CLINICAL PSYCHOLOGIST
Work location: Buea with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 7.
- Carrying out evaluation of mental health needs of patients and establishing a diagnosis and a plan of treatment. Informing the patient and his/her relatives about the possible consequences of the illness and the drug treatment to follow and referring patients to other health professionals whenever necessary, in order to provide the most appropriate treatment and improve the patient's condition
- Implementing the Sexual Violence (SV) protocol, identifying possible Survivors of SV and referring them to the medical team with the survivors´s consent so that they receive the necessary treatment.
- Providing psychological support and psychotherapy sessions (individual, family, group) to patients according to Doctors Without Borders protocols in order to improve their mental health conditions
- Assisting and training staff members and resourceful people whenever necessary in order to enhance the scope of MH activities.
- Collecting statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities
- Informing the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment while respecting the patient´s decision and prvivacy in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective
- Ensuring that all patient information is kept confidential protected from any unauthorized person.
- Close Collabroation with Community health Educators, Counsellors and other members from the medical teams, referring to them and accepting referrals from them , according to the needs while promoting team work and collaboration
- Close collaboration with external key people (Doctors,Nurses etc in the hospitals/Health Centres ) offering the best support to the beneficiary.
- Education: Essential degree or diploma in Clinical Psychology
- Experience: Desirable 2 years experience as a Psychologist. Desirable previous experience with INGO’s in developing countries
- Languages: English and Pidgin essential.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address email@example.com mentioning on the subject: PSYCHOLOGIST BUEA or else be submitted at Office DWB Buea, Sandpit, Westminster Suites in a sealed envelop PSYCHOLOGIST BUEA for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Tuesday, 28th February 2019 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Buea after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.