Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors without Borders, for its activities in South West, is looking for:
MIDWIFE NURSE (Ref: 110201)
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for MIDWIFE NURSE
Location: Mbalangi / Kumba, with movement in the field in surrounding Doctors Without Borders facilities
Type of contract : Fixed Term contract, 6 month
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid, level 6.
- Ensuring the implementation and continuity of antenatal and postnatal care, family planning, obstetrical care, neonatal and comprehensive abortion care, management of victims of sexual violence, reproductive tract infections and Fistula care in accordance with MSF Reproductive Core Package of Activities and reinforce the implementation of standardised protocols.
- Organising and supporting community health workers and remote nurses in decentralized care for pregnant/postpartum woman and newborns under supervision of activity managers.This includes;
- provide and attend the training on weekly basis
- participating in data collection
- preparation for drugs and inventory
- implementing ideas and plans depending on the needs of the project
- Understand and perform following tasks for sexual violence survivors;
- Correct reception of a patient, creating a relationship of trust & conduct medical interview.
- After obtaining consent: conduct the medical examination - decide whether hospitalisation is needed
- Register and complete the medical file respecting applicable rules regarding anonymity of the patient
- Elaborate a medical legal certificate, explain its use. File or hand over the certificate, respecting rules regarding the security of the patient
- Provide appropriate treatment following (MSF) protocols
- Assure the presence of a doctor for all problems exceeding one’s competences
- Accompany the victim to the psychologist or counsellor
- Explain the service’s functioning, provide dignity kit according to the needs of the patient
- Schedule the patient’s follow up visit according to treatment/protocol
- Evaluate the patient’s understanding of the purpose of the follow-up consultation
- Complete the patient file and register among other tasks
- Education: Essential Nursing qualification or specialization. Desired Bachelor in Midwifery
- Experience: Pre Essential working experience of at least two years in midwife activities related jobs including sexual violence related care.
- Languages: English and Pidgin essential.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MIDWIFE KUMBA (Ref: 110201) or else be submitted at Office DWB Buea, Sandpit, Westminster Suites in a sealed envelop mentioning MIDWIFE APLICATION for the attention of Doctors Without Borders HR department.
Deadline for the reception of applications : Tuesday, 19th February 2019 at 14:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our office in Buea after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.