CAMEROON OIL TRANSPORTATION COMPANY (COTCO)
COTCO is seeking for qualified candidates for the position of:
Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
The Instrumentation and Electrical Technician receives guidance from the Instrumentation & Electrical Technician Lead.
His work location is Douala with regular trips to COTCO sites (Dompta, Belabo, kribi and offshore) depending on operations requirements. The employee may be called to work on a rotation basis onshore or offshore.
One of his key assignment is to provide day to day preventative and breakdown maintenance requirements associated with the facility plant process through Company Work Management Systems.
This includes but is not limited to the following types of instrumentation control and electrical systems:
- Distributed Controls System (DCS);
- Process Control System (PCS);
- Safety Integrated System (SIS);
- Emergency Shutdown System (ESDS);
- Fire and Gas detection System;
- Local control Support panels (Pneumatic and hydraulic);
- Power Generation (Diesel driven package);
- High / Medium / Low Voltage (HV/MV/LV);
- Switchgear and Motor Control Systems;
- Uninterrupted power supply (UPS);
- Cathodic Protection;
- Variable Speed Drives;
- Program Logic Control Systems;
- Motor operated valve and pumps.
IDEAL CANDIDATE PROFILE:
Ideal candidate should be anyone interested in delivering outstanding electrical expertise in an Oils Gas environment and have the following profile.
Educational: The Candidate must have a Bachelor degree in Electrical / Electronic Engineering (DUT /BTS) or equivalent
Professional Experience and Knowledge required: Two years plus (2+) experience in Oil and Gas Production / Operations or similar industry experience with emphasis on instrumentation process and calibration, electrical maintenance, automated controls system, maintenance and troubleshooting activities.
Skills and attributes required:
- Ability to speak English and French fluently and to communicate in English over the phone and via e-mail
- Good communication and teamwork skills;
- Excellent customer relations;
- Good problem solving and critical thinking skills;
Ability to effectively work under pressure with no supervision.
If you meet the requirements listed for one of these positions and you are interested in pursuing a career with COTCO, please drop your Curriculum vitae and reference letter at COTCO headquarters in a sealed envelope with the following text written on the envelope:
Application for the position of Instrumentation and Electrical Technician
Attn: COTCO Human Resources department
164, Rue Toyota, Bonapriso
Po Box 3738
In addition, all candidates are encouraged to submit online applications together with an English version of their curriculum vitae. Please visit our website at: http://www.exxonmobil.com/Corporate/imports/careers/careers_map.aspx
How to navigate the website?
In order to submit your application and upload your curriculum vitae (CV). Select Africa, and then apply Cameroon and apply online either in English or in French.
The advert closes on November 16th, 2017.
Only short listed applicants will be contacted.