Call for Applications for the position of Country-level Communications Consultant (part-time) for the GCRF Trade Project
IITA Cameroon seeks a part time Country-Level Communications Consultant for Congo Basin Institute who will coordinate with the whole central Africa team on the Trade project.
The Congo Basin Institute is a center of higher learning and scientific excellence in Central Africa. We generate research that decision makers can use to address sub-Saharan Africa’s environmental and development challenges. CBI is driven by dedicated researchers and donors that support research and training in the Congo Basin.
A - Duties
- Translation of digital articles, short reports, briefs, social media posts and power point slides from English to French, according to country team’s requirements (not a requirement, but essential).
- Support country team and TRADE Hub’s central communication team to identify relevant themes for focusing communications efforts each month, and writing blog posts, web stories and social media posts relevant to the project’s research and impact objectives.
- Monitor country-level news developments relevant to the TRADE Hub, and compile summaries for TRADE Hub website.
- Supporting communications coordination for in-person and virtual events, especially in country’s main language. This includes social media activity such as live tweeting, and writing summaries of key messages from webinars.
- Work in strong partnership with CBI staff, IITA Cameroon communication office as well as the communication department of IITA head quarter.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisors.
B – Qualification
- Bachelor’s Degree in relevant field.
- At least 3 years of related professional experience.
- Prior experience in writing journal articles.
- Knowledge of agricultural commodity trade in developing countries with particular emphasis on cocoa, palm oil, live animals, skins, non-timber products and Bushmeat.
- Strong communication, organization, and personnel mentoring skills.
- Ease of working in oral and written English and/or French with further language proficiency advantageous.
- Previous experience working in or with international institutions as well as in multidisciplinary teams are added advantages.
- Video/photography experience will be an asset.
- Fluency in French and English required.
C - Workplace
- The incumbent of the position will be based in IITA Nkolbisson, Cameroon.
D – Contract type and duration
- This will be a 12 (twelve) months consultancy position.
E – Level of Effort and Compensation
This position is expected to be part time, with level of effort depending on project demand at various stages of the Trade project as well as other CBI projects as needed. This will be a contract position paid via a monthly retainer. This position is expected to begin work April 1, 2022, or as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
F – Restriction
The position is limited to Cameroonian citizens;
G - Equity in employment
IITA is an equal opportunity employer and encourages applications from women, men, young people who believe they meet the requirements of the position. All applications will be assessed in a fair and objective manner.
H – Application folder
The application file shall include the following documents:
- a detailed curriculum vitae (including descriptions of prior similar projects which the candidate has participated in);
- a letter of motivation (maximum of one page; including the full names of the candidate, their full address, phone number and email address);
- a copy of the national identity card;
- copies of all relevant academic diplomas and professional certificates;
- a list of three professional referees including their contact information; one of them must be the current and or most recent employer, unless otherwise advised by the candidate with a strong rationale;
- a completed online application form; kindly fill the form in addition to sending your application file available on https://forms.gle/V74gMR4PdC2hf9WD7
Applications should be addressed by email, as an attachment, to IITACA-HRS@cgiar.org by March 08th, 2022 addressed to:
The Resident Representative
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture in Cameroon
P.O. Box 2008 Yaoundé (Messa) Tel : 222237434 ; (+237) 699319747
Application for the position of: Communication Consultant GCRF Trade project
Only applications received in French or English with a completed online form will be considered and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.