The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks an Administrative Assistant Intern
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed Administrative Assistant Intern that is passionate about planning and organization management, business management, schedule maintenance, and have a passion for networking. This position is perfect for someone looking for a well-known international conservation organisation to join and a reliable bridge to building his/her career.
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration: 6 months
- Prioritise, organise, timely manage and schedule calls, meetings, appointments on behalf of Director and manager, to include effective prioritizing and resolving related conflicts and competing demands.
- Set up technical meetings on behalf of the Director/ Manager, prepares minutes of meetings as appropriate.
- Draft and/or finalize correspondences on a range of topics on behalf of the Director / Manager.
- Is routinely involved in relaying/processing/handling sensitive, diverse and confidential information.
- Edit enquiries, reports and documents as appropriate.
- Maintain filing and archiving systems;
- Plan trip for the Congo Basin Conservation Director & TRIDOM Landscape Finance Manager and ensures effective logistics items (flights, visas, travel advance, travel request, invitation letters, hotels...etc.) are up to date;
- Effectively provides general research support and utilizes all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
- Independently responds to extensive and diverse inquiries;
- Facilitates information sharing and lesson learning within the WWF Congo Basin Countries by providing regular updates for internal communications tools (meeting & events calendar; travel & leave updates; contacts database, directories.);
- Back up the Executive Assistant of Cameroon office as required.
Perform any other duties as requested for the Department.
What you need
- University degree in Administration or equivalent in related field;
- A minimum of 01-year experience as assistant to a management function, preferably in an international organization/company.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Excellent organizational skills, with attention to details;
- Proactive attitude and ability to take initiative and work independently;
- Excellent team player with good networking and interpersonal skills;
- Strong oral and written communication skills; Bilingualism English and French is preferred;
- Excellent computer knowledge, including internet, Word, Power Point, spread sheets. Familiarity with documentation layout and organization;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration.
How to apply:
Email a CV and Cover letter to email@example.com
The subject should read ADMININTERN-21.
Deadline for applications: 25thJanuary 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted five (5) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce