The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF) Cameroon Seeks a People & Culture (HR) Intern
Want to make a positive difference to the future of people and our one shared home, the Earth? Working with WWF could be your opportunity of a lifetime:
All around the world, people are waking up to the deepening crisis of nature loss. A growing realization that nature is our life-support system. And that nobody will be spared from the impacts of its loss. Here at WWF, we are helping to tackle this enormous global challenge.
Our people come from hugely diverse backgrounds and with a variety of expertise, ranging from HR and finance to advocacy and conservation science. We welcome applications from anyone who believes they can help us create a better future for people and wildlife.
What we do:
We are an independent conservation organization, striving to sustain the natural world for the benefit of people and wildlife. From individuals and communities to business and government, we are part of a growing coalition calling on world leaders to set nature on the path to recovery by 2030. Together, we seek to protect and restore natural habitats, stop the mass extinction of wildlife, and make the way we produce and consume sustainable
For our country programme office in Cameroon, we are looking for a dynamic and committed People & Culture Intern who will provide support to HR development activities
Location: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Duration: 6 months
- Prepare Internship letters, volunteers contracts
- Follow volunteers and internships contracts and prepare payment status at the end of each month
- Support in the Management of outsourced Staff
- Support recruitment processes making sure that all requirements are met (staff request forms, Job ad, recruitment strategy, filing) and conduct interviews for support staff/students;
- Prepare and ensure the update of staff induction kit;
- Support the design of annual training plans.
- Consolidate weekly recruitment reports;
- Prepare reports of weekly P&C Meetings
- Support in Gathering evaluation (PDJ) forms and compilation of the Performance & Appraisal annual report;
- Execute every other duty on the request of internal partners.
What you need:
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in HR Management or related field (social sciences, law, etc.) with at least two years of experience (experience in an international organization or NGO is desired).
- Knowledge of the institutional, legal and policy framework of employment and HR management in Cameroon.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Visible and accessible: Is visible, approachable and available to all employees;
- Results oriented: Delivers the right thing, on time, with quality and accuracy;
- Trustworthy: Establishes a relation of trust with employees through openness, adherence to commitments, and maintains confidentiality;
- Good team work skills;
- Good knowledge of Ms Office suite;
- Good oral and written skills in English and French;
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Respect, Courage, Integrity & Collaboration
How to apply:
Email a Cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read P&CINTERN-21.
Deadline for applications: 7thJanuary 2021.
Thank you in advance for your interest in this position. Please note that only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for follow up. If you have not been contacted two (2) days after closing, consider your application unsuccessful.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce