About the organisation
World Agroforestry (ICRAF) is an independent research institution which generates science-based knowledge about the complex role trees play in agricultural landscapes and rural livelihoods. As part of the Centre’s work to bring tree-based solutions to bear on poverty and environmental problems, researchers – working in close collaboration with partners – are developing new technologies, tools and policy recommendations for increased food security and ecosystem health. ICRAF has been operating in Cameroon since 1987. To learn more about our organization, please visit our website: www.worldagroforestry.org
About the position
ICRAF is looking for the services of a driver for its new project « Strengthening Innovation Systems in the North of Cameroon » (ReSI-NoC), funded by the European Union for a period of 4 years and implemented in collaboration with CIFOR, CIRAD et IRAD. ReSI-NoC aims to strengthen agricultural innovation systems to improve their role in the processes of inclusive planning, collaborative management and the co-design and implementation of technical, organisational and social innovations.
- Perform official driving duties and errands as assigned
- Fill on daily basis the vehicle and ensure its proper use in line with ICRAF’s policies
- Record vehicles data in vehicle log booklet daily and in excel table weekly
- Ensure the vehicle has all the assigned documents and insurance as per the country’s laws
- Receive official visitors and work with them in clearing formalities, loading of luggage and drive them to destinations as instructed.
- Diagnose and rectify minor mechanical effect to the vehicle in use in case of emergency.
- Clean and ensure serviceable mechanical condition of the assigned vehicle is carried out as scheduled.
- Ensure routine maintenance of the assigned vehicle is carried out as scheduled
- Report any defects noted in the assigned vehicle immediately to the supervisor
- Providing logistics duties i.e. delivery and collection of parcels, letters, documents etc. for the unit
- Identify and take action to mitigate potential risks within own work area
- Perform any additional job assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, experience and skills
- Secondary education certificate
- Valid driving license and knowledge of driving rules and regulations
- A certificate in automotive mechanics will be an asset
- Basic computer skills (word, excel, outlook)
- 5 years relevant experience in similar job
- Knowledge of North Cameroon
- Possess basic mechanical skills
- Pleasant demeanour with proven record of maintaining a professional conduct in compliance with road courtesy thus always reflecting a good image of an international organization.
- Good verbal and writing skill in French; basic knowledge of Fulfulde will be an asset
- Ability to coordinate, prioritize, and organize workload
- Ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure with minimal supervision
Duty station : Garoua, Cameroon
Terms of offer
The World Agroforestry Centre is an equal opportunity employer and offers a collegial and gender-sensitive working environment. We believe that staff diversity promotes excellence and strongly encourage applications from qualified women. This position is on national terms and will be for an initial period of two (2) years, subject to a probation period according to the local labour law. The contract could be renewed subject to performance, continued relevance of the position and availability of funds.
How to apply
Go to http://worldagroforestry.org/working-for-icraf/vacancies
Applications for this position must include:
- A cover letter illustrating your suitability for the position against the listed requirements and salary expectations,
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae,
- The names and addresses of three referees, including telephone and email addresses.
Applications will be considered until 25 November 2020
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.