Number of positions: 01
Employer: National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (KIDSS Project)
Supervisors: HR & Admin Officer (Receptionist services), Finance Manager (Cashier services)
City/Country: Yaoundé, Cameroon
Expected start date: 15/10/2020
Funded by the Presidential Emergency Plan for Fighting AIDS (PEPFAR) through the United States Agency for International Development (USAID), Catholic Relief Services (CRS) has been the prime implementing partner for the Key Interventions to Develop Systems and Services for Orphans and Vulnerable Children (KIDSS) Project in Cameroon since 2014.
Following the 3 – year transition funding just received by CRS (until March 2023), the National Episcopal Conference of Cameroon (NECC) has been chosen as a potential localization prime partner for the implementation of the USAID / PEPFAR OVC program in Cameroon beyond March 2023. Under the shadows of CRS, NECC will progressively take control of the KIDSS project.
The KIDSS project aims to provide holistic and sustainable care for orphans and other vulnerable children (OVC) by strengthening the capacities of the Government of the Republic of Cameroon (GRC), civil society organizations, communities and households to provide quality care and support to children and their families infected and affected by HIV.
KIDSS currently partners /collaborates with 24 local implementing partners, the Government of Cameroon and other stakeholders to reach OVC and their families in 32 health districts across nine regions of Cameroon. The program includes prevention and case finding activities for OVC, community support to enable linkage to care of infected children and adolescents, as well as to improve retention of children and adolescents living with HIV who have been enrolled into care and treatment.
NECC therefore seeks to recruit a Receptionist / Cashier whose job description is as seen below.
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The receptionist / cashier will be responsible for all reception duties, mail management and management of the project's petty cash.
- Ensures the reception of telephone calls, forwards them to the departments concerned by respecting the standards specific to the KIDSS Project at NECC (filtering, call identification, call qualification, etc.)
- Ensures the reception of visitors to the KIDSS Project building, puts them in touch with the departments concerned.
- Responds effectively to requests from partners.
- Participates in inventory management.
- Performs routine sorting, filing and recording tasks using a computer system.
- Ensures the registration, sorting and distribution of incoming mail and internal mail.
- Manages the sending and receiving of documents.
- Makes the necessary disbursements while ensuring compliance with the standards in force.
- Prepares cash bailout requests when the threshold is reached.
- Records cash movements in the log book and other documents.
- Prepares periodic cash statements.
- Classifies petty cash related expenses.
Education and Experience
- A diploma (obtained after a minimum of 2 years of studies after already obtaining the GCE A / L) in office management, administrative or any other similar discipline.
- At least 02 years of experience in a similar position
- At least one year of experience in cash management
- Experience with an NGO would be an asset
Skills / Competences
- Mastery of office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint ...)
- Dynamic and Methodical and attentive
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Required / Desired Language: Must be bilingual with a working knowledge of English and French.
KEY WORKING RELATIONSHIPS
Supervisors: The HR & Admin Officer and the Finance Manager.
Internal: All KIDSS Project staff at NECC
External: All stakeholders of the KIDSS Project at NECC.
NECC-wide skills (for all NECC staff):
These are rooted in NECC's mission, values and guiding principles and are used by each staff member to fulfill their responsibilities and achieve the desired results. These are:
- Trust in all relationships
- Professional growth
- Accountability and stewardship
- Strategic mindset
Disclaimer: This job description does not constitute an exhaustive list of the skills, efforts, tasks and responsibilities associated with the position.
NECC's talent acquisition procedures reflect our commitment to protect children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
NECC is an equal opportunity employer.
Application files will include: Cover letter, CV indicating among other things at least 03 references one of which should be a leader of a religious / faith based community and proof of relevant diplomas and experiences.
Apply exclusively online by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org specifying Receptionist / Cashier, KIDSS project in the email subject line.
Deadline: September 27th, 2020 at 5 pm Cameroon time.
Incomplete applications or applications received after the deadline will not be considered.
NB: By applying for this job, the candidate should understand that NECC protects human life at all cost and will require the candidate to do the same if recruited. NECC also requires its staff to treat all people with dignity and respect and to actively prevent harassment, abuse, exploitation and human trafficking.
Successful candidates at this stage will be subjected to a practical test and an oral interview. A comprehensive background check will be done to the retained candidate.