Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Information Technology Intern
Location : Douala
Reports to : Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Manager
Applications Due : August 31st 2020
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric Aids Foundation is a global leader in the fight against HIV and AIDS in children. It operates in 16 countries and more than 5,000 sites worldwide to prevent vertical transmission of HIV to children and help those already infected. Today, thanks to the successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a global workforce of more than 3,100 people - nine out of 10 of whom work in the field - the Foundation's global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care and treatment programs; advance innovative research; and conduct strategic and focused global advocacy to make a dramatic difference in the lives of millions of women, children and families around the world. For more information, please visit: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health and regional and district health teams to support HIV prevention, treatment and care services and health systems strengthening. EGPAF is primarily funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Duties & Responsibilities
Works in collaboration with the ICT manager and the IT team to provide effective ICT systems, technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
The IT Intern supports the overall technology infrastructure of the Douala Office, including support for software applications and hardware infrastructure that perform operations, general IT support; upgrades; software installations; equipment deployment; and end-user support.
Technologies supported include, but are not limited to: wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows OS, MS Office suites, end-user workstations, laptops and various proprietary and commercial software and hardware applications.
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and update operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively plan software upgrades and patches.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot and repair wired, wireless and other network infrastructures.
- Inform and train users and management on how to adhere to EGPAF's local and global security policies.
- Manage the relocation of computer equipment following office or personnel changes.
- Assist the organization in setting up a tool to manage and track various tasks/projects
- Train existing and new employees in computer software and ICT systems.
- - Assist the IT team in various tasks
Experience and education
- Professional degree in information technology, with substantial work experience in related fields and having obtained diplomas in the field (BAC+2)
- 1 year of relevant experience in the technical field of ICTs
- Effective written and oral communication with the ability to produce reports and present solutions
- Knowledge of French and English
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical problems
- Willingness to take ownership of problem analysis and resolution efforts and commitment to "do the right thing" to resolve technical issues, regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Ability to work and cooperate well in a team environment
- Working in a structured way
- Team Building - Team building is an individual's ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride and confidence. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to achieve the group's goals.
- Customer Service - Customer service is an individual's ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while providing high quality products and services and committing to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness - Decisiveness is an individual's ability to make well-informed, effective and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
How to apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter via the following adress: firstname.lastname@example.org
The pre-selection of applications will be done on a progressive basis. Please note that only shortlisted candidates meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications are only acceptable via the link above.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) offers Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, regardless of race, colour, religion, disability, age, sexual orientation, disability, disability or other status.