JOB ADVERT: Supply chain and security manager
Functional Area: Administration
Reports to: Emergency Response Manager
Location: Bamenda, Cameroon
Working in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas, Plan aims to reach as many children as possible, particularly those who are excluded or marginalized with high quality programs that deliver long lasting benefits by increasing its income, working in partnership with others and operating effectively. Plan is committed to responding to children affected by emergencies in the countries of our operation.
Given the current humanitarian crisis in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon, Plan International is engaged in providing a nexus humanitarian and development intervention to address humanitarian needs, while simultaneously investing in the strengthening of communities’ resilience and social cohesion. Its operations are implemented in key sectors of Protection (Child Protection and SGBV), Education, Livelihood, Food Assistance and Nutrition, WASH and NFIs in coordination with all other humanitarian institutions.
With new funding from various donors, Plan International will continue in 2020-2021 its response in the region affected, through projects implementation in the sectors above noted. Under the Administrative department, this position is responsible for the technical management, leading, and oversee of the logistics, procurement, warehousing operation and security for all Plan International’ response in the region. He/She will ensure quality and norms in the logistics, procurement, warehousing and security activities implementation.
DIMENSIONS OF THE ROLE
The post-holder will organize and manage the support functions above noted to accompany the projects implementation. The holder is responsible for assessment, design/revision, start-up, budget management, and implementation of emergency support functions activities for multiple projects. He/She will provide technical support to actively put into place as well as to ensure the management of a strong supply chains, support and capacity build the logistics, procurement and warehousing staffing to provide high quality logistical operating platform for Plan’s emergency response in the North West and South West Regions of Cameroon. Furthermore, he/she will advise on the security procedures to be followed by staff and associates when carrying out activities related to the operations in the regions.
- Providing functional leadership and support within emergency response settings, including the assessment, design, start-up, budget management, and implementation of humanitarian supply chain activities for multiple projects, and Emergency Response Manager
- Rapid response workforce planning including recruitments, intensive training and situational, supportive management for logistics, procurement, administrative and security staff as necessary.
- Coordination and reporting including Logistics Cluster engagement and civil-military liaison in a humanitarian response.
- Coordination and reporting including UNDSS meetings and UNOCHA meetings related to security matters.
- Lead and/or oversee the rapid scale up of procurement activities including the identification of international and local sourcing options, management of downstream supply pipeline, contracting of goods, services and works suppliers, and liaising with programmes and finance and whilst at all times providing assurance, implementation and appropriate controls.
- Provide oversight and direction to inventory and warehouse management across multiple projects including GIK management which may include setting up of temporary warehouses and transit hubs, renting of warehousing space, contingency stock management and the receipt of donations.
- Oversight and development of fleet management and transport operations for emergency response including co-ordinating with existing country office operations to identify needs, acquire and utilise a variety of modes to meet the emergency response requirements needs safely and effectively.
- Responsible for the rapid identification and setting up of office and staff accommodation, and other premises in a changing and volatile environment.
- Coordinate asset management for all emergency response assets including; donor liaison, disposal plans asset verification, compliant purchasing.
- Ensure suitable accommodation and transport is in place for deployed humanitarian response staff, and consultants, together with guidelines and communication needs to keep such personnel informed, briefed, and safe.
- Providing technical input in project operational planning, enabling fast and effective delivery to meet humanitarian needs, as well as ensuring that they are in line with donor guidelines and operations manual regarding implementation and reporting.
- Be an active team member in the kick-off of new projects.
- Update on a quarterly basis on the implementation of the Security SoPs for the Regions.
- Support the preparation of logistics/procurement budget of the Response (both at project and master budget levels)
- Provide supervision and oversight of Program Unit operations to ensure a clean, hygienic and risk-free working environment in line with occupational health and safety guidelines.
- Oversee and coordinate efficient use of Plan International resources during and after procurement.
- Evaluates adequacy of office space requirements, ensure identification of office technology needs and maintenance of equipment, software and systems, coordinating enhancements as necessary.
- Ensuring that contracts, leases and other agreements are properly maintained and updated.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding Children and Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate procedures
- Work with programmes team to coordinate emergency response distributions, including multi-partner planning, site set up, security, local authority liaison, and material resource planning.
- Collaboration with other response team members (e.g. market assessment and infrastructure/supply chain assessments).
- Collaborate with the response team engaged with security matters.
- Work closely with ICT Officer to organize the installation of office communications / information management facilities and systems where necessary.
TECHNICAL EXPERTISE, SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
Knowledge & Experience
- Experience of leading emergency response supply chain and security function(s) at a country level, in disaster response contexts.
- Experience in start-ups and implementation of donor grant projects, good knowledge of donor rules and regulations across humanitarian supply chain functions.
- Technical background across all aspects logistics, supply chain and security management, including, procurement, warehousing, fleet management, humanitarian distributions, advise on security constrains/risk reduction measures.
- Experience in developing and implementing security SoPs for operations in emergency contexts.
- Experience in operationalizing offices and staff premises in emergency contexts.
- Experience of contributing to market and rapid needs assessments, contributing to emergency response and project plans.
- Experience and knowledge of humanitarian supply chain management.
- Knowledge and experience of risk and fraud identification and management, including short term mitigation strategies.
- Knowledge and/or experience of non-traditional, non-direct supply chain delivery modalities, including working with local partners and working with markets and cash based delivery would be an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of working with an ERP (e.g. SAP) or other supply chain management IT solutions would be an advantage.
- Ability to coordinate and organise within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Well-developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong multi-tasking and organizational skills with an ability to focus both on internal issues as well as external demands.
- Proven people management & interpersonal skills (role model in motivating, developing and supporting others), including performance management and the ability to apply situational leadership and applying coaching methods.
- Proven fluidity, written and oral, in English and in French.
- Committed to Plan International’s strategy and values.
- Experienced with working with senior management.
- Team player and relationship builder.
- Able to work calmly under extreme pressure, volatile & insecure environment and at unpredictable (long) hours during emergency response.
To apply for this job, kindly click on "Apply". Your application should include:
- A cover letter
- A comprehensive CV including details of two referees, one of whom should be your current of most recent supervisor
Location: Yaoundé/Bamenda – CAMEROON
Closing date: January 30th, 2020