Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Job Description- Field Coordinator in Public Health
Background: The Tuberculosis Reference Laboratory Bamenda has the mission to help control the spread of tuberculosis and HIV and to improve the lives of those affected by TB, HIV and related diseases. Currently the TBRL Bamenda is working with the National TB Program to improve TB case finding in six regions of the country.
Position summary: Coordinate activities of regional team to improve TB case finding; reports to Program Manager; full-time position
Location: Approximately 25% in Bamenda; 75% in the field in 1 of 6 regions (Northwest, Southwest, West, Littoral, North, Far North)
- Plan and organize monthly activities to achieve program objectives
- Coordinate activities of health care workers across region to increase screening, testing and follow-up of people to be evaluated for TB
- Prepare and present monthly and quarterly reports on activities; supervise and support collection of data needed to evaluate progress
- Implement and supervise monitoring and evaluation of program activities
- Train and mentor health personnel on strategies and activities to improve case detection
- Assist to implement and supervise improved diagnostic approaches for TB
- Manage distribution of materials to facilitate program activities
- Build relationships and facilitate communication among program team members, health personnel and other stakeholders
- Depending on interests and qualifications of the candidate, additional responsibilities may include participation in laboratory and/or research activities
- Identify and assist to solve problems observed in course of the work to ensure smooth functioning of program; document solutions to share with other programs
- Other duties as needed to ensure the success of the work
- Education: Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Sciences, Humanities, Management, Business, or related area
- Strong interest and passion to work as part of team to improve public health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English or French, good working knowledge in the 2nd language is an advantage
- Ability to plan own work, set priorities and complete under pressure
- Proven aptitude for leadership
- Willingness to travel to implement activities
- Proven competency in software applications (eg. Word, Excel, etc) with the ability to learn new programs and skills quickly
- A high level of initiative and the ability to work independently
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in strategic planning and project management or willingness to learn
This position is planned for 6 months with possibility for renewal depending on funding availability. If interested, please prepare a complete application including an application letter, current CV, copies of certificates and diplomas and (preferred) two recommendation letters. Please note that only applications submitted by email will be reviewed and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Submit all documents by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate “Field Coordinator” in the subject line.
The deadline for submitting an application is January 3, 2020.