Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Position: Seasonal Education Technical Trainer (Science)
Supervisors: Training Manager/ Education Program Manager
CLOSING DATE: December 27, 2019
Under the supervision of the Training Manager with technical guidance from the Education Program Manager the Technical Trainer designs, facilitates, monitors, and evaluates technical training for education Peace Corps Volunteers. The position is seasonal, typically 3 to 4 months (non-consecutive/mostly during third term holiday). Candidates should demonstrate the ability to work and live in a rural/semi-urban setting with very limited resources.
The Technical Trainer will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Technical Science Education Instruction 75%
- Trainee Support 25%
Technical Science Education Instruction:
- Conduct Pre-training Research to prepare task analyses, identify resources, and clarify training goals with Peace Corps staff
- Develop lesson plans and support materials for technical classes using Peace Corps’ adult learning methodologies, and adapt lessons according to Trainees’ needs
- Collaborate with Language Trainers and other training staff to integrate all training components in technical lessons
- Implement the formal pre-service Technical curriculum, facilitating technical classes for an average of 4-6 hours per day
- Deliver technical training, including: practical instructions; classroom activities; facilitation of field exercises; supervision of Trainee Directed Activities (TDAs); assistance to Trainees in preparation of projects; individual support to Trainees
- Prepare and implement individualized activities for advanced learners and for Trainees who have learning difficulties
- Formally evaluate technical progress of Trainees including weekly individual feedback to Trainees
- Maintain files of written lesson plans and handouts for all technical programs
- Participate in the design and implementation of the competency-based technical curriculum
- Assist the Training Manager and the Program Manager/Program & Training Assistant in developing, assessing and redesigning competencies and training sessions as required
- Participate, as needed, in design and delivery of follow up Volunteer in-service trainings (ISTs )
- Participate as a team member with other Trainers in the integrated design and implementation of the Community Based Training program (including participating in pre-training research)
- Ensure that safety and security competencies are incorporated and actively integrated in PST and effectively delivered to trainees so that their achievement is properly evaluated and documented
- Support the safety and security systems that are in place for PST, including reinforcing to trainees their roles and responsibilities related to their personal safety and security
- Evaluate Trainee progress according to the Trainee Assessment Portfolio and provide feedback to Trainees using the Coach Approach methodology
- Provide support/guidance to Trainees and other training staff
- Participate in non-technical sessions (i.e. language/medical/safety sessions) to reinforce and provide support
- Perform any other duty assigned by Training Manager or Program Manager
Education: University degree in any Math and/or Science subject.
Prior Work Experience: At least 3 years of experience teaching Math and/or Sciences in the Anglophone sub-system.
Language Proficiency: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Work as a team member under high pressure;
- Ability to design and deliver training sessions to adults.
- Ability to use the internet and work with Microsoft programs (basic Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work in multi-cultural setting
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in implementing competency-based approach or STEM approach.
- Experience as a teacher trainer
Submit the following in MS Word or PDF:
- A cover letter;
- Current resume;
- At least three professional references.
Peace Corps Cameroon does not accept documents saved on any cloud format including Google. The file size should not exceed 8MB.
Applications are to be submitted to CM-HR@peacecorps.gov and include only SEASONAL EDUCATION TECHNICAL TRAINER-(SCIENCE) in the subject line.
No telephone calls or personal visits please. Only the documents listed in the application instructions should be submitted including your telephone number by December 27, 2019. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.