Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Position: Seasonal Model School Principal
Supervisor: Training Manager/ Education Program Manager
CLOSING DATE: December 27, 2019
Under the supervision of the Training Manager with Technical guidance from the Education Program Manager, the Principal will design and run a Model School for training Volunteers to teach in the Cameroon Education System. The position is seasonal, typically 3 to 4 months (non-consecutive/mostly during third term holiday). Candidates should demonstrate the ability to work and live in a rural/semi-rural setting with very limited resources.
The Model School Principal will have the following roles and responsibilities:
- Model School 75%
- Trainee Support 25%
- Lead Roles
- Set up, organize, and run a six-week Model School which serves as practicum for Trainees training to be teaching in Cameroonian schools.
- Do marketing of the Model School to recruit students and teachers
- Prepare invitations for the opening and the closing of Model School.
- Prepare students lists.
- Set up attendance sheets for students and teachers.
- Organize and supervise prizes for the best Model School students.
- Write a final administrative and financial report of Model School
- Support Roles (Supporting Model School Vice Principals)
- Participate in the registration of students and management of Model School funds in line with guiding principles in place.
- Prepare pedagogic documents such as Report cards, mark sheets, master sheets, roll call lists, log books, scheme of work forms
- Participate in technical sessions to share teaching experience
- Facilitate technical sessions directly related to Model School
- Conduct Pre-training Research to prepare task analyses, identify resources, and clarify training goals with Peace Corps staff
- Collaborate with Language Trainers and other training staff to integrate all training components in technical lessons
- Formally evaluate technical progress of Trainees including weekly individual feedback to Trainees
- Maintain files of written lesson plans and handouts for all technical programs
- Participate in the design and implementation of the competency-based language curriculum
- Assist the Training Manager and the Program Manager/Program & Training Assistant in developing, assessing and redesigning competencies and training sessions as required
- Participate, as needed, in design and delivery of follow up Volunteer in-service trainings (ISTs )
- Participate as a team member with other Trainers in the integrated design and implementation of the Community Based Training program (including participating in pre-training research)
- Ensure that safety and security competencies are incorporated and actively integrated in PST and effectively delivered to PCTs so that their achievement is properly evaluated and documented
- Support the safety and security systems that are in place for PST, including reinforcing to PCTs their roles and responsibilities related to their personal safety and security
- Evaluate Trainee progress according to the Trainee Assessment Portfolio and provide feedback to Trainees using the Coach Approach methodology
- Provide guidance to Trainees and other training staff
- Participate in non-technical sessions (i.e. technical/medical/safety sessions) to reinforce and provide support
- Perform any other duty assigned by PM or TM
Education: University degree in any discipline
Prior Work Experience: At least 3 years of experience in school administration as Principal, Vice Principal or Senior Discipline Master in Cameroon.
Language Proficiency: Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
Knowledge, Skills, and Attitudes:
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Work as a team member under high pressure;
- Ability to design and deliver training sessions to adults.
- Ability to use the internet and work with Microsoft programs (basic Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Ability to work in multi-cultural setting
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience as a teacher trainer
- Knowledge of alternative, positive discipline approaches
Submit the following in MS Word or PDF:
- A cover letter;
- Current resume;
- At least three professional references.
Peace Corps Cameroon does not accept documents saved on any cloud format including Google. The file size should not exceed 8MB.
Applications are to be submitted to CM-HR@peacecorps.gov and include only SEASONAL MODEL SCHOOL PRINCIPAL in the subject line.
No telephone calls or personal visits please. Only the documents listed in the application instructions should be submitted including your telephone number by December 27, 2019. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.