JOB OPPORTUNITY: FINANCIAL MANAGER
Palladium is a development organisation that has managed and implemented more than 700 programs in over 140 countries. Palladium has a broad spectrum of clients, including bilateral and multilateral funding agencies, governments and non-profit institutions throughout Africa and Asia. Palladium is currently working on a Forest Governance, Market and Climate (FGMC) programme in Central Africa and South America funded by the UK Department for International Development (DFID). In Cameroon, Palladium is in charge of the coordination for the FGMC projects till June 2022.
Purpose of Role:
To provide secretarial, administrative, and financial support services to the FGMC intervention coordinator’s work and activities. The specific duties, responsibilities and accountabilities of the financial manager shall include:
Duties and responsibilities:
Administration and financial tasks:
- Office and FGMC interventions coordinator set-up.
- Financial administration and reporting of the office related financial matters.
- Monthly financial reporting.
- Travel management for colleagues, including the FGMC interventions coordinator residency permit.
- FGMC interventions coordinator related procurement services
- Office supply stock management, planning and procurement, vehicle mileage logbook management
- Inventory management.
- Workshop organization.
- Any other administrative or financial activity as required by the FGMC interventions coordinator or Project Management team.
- Facilitate other projects as necessary, in collaboration with the FLEGT Facilitation project UK-based Operations Manager on project management, grant support and finance matters
Supporting the FGMC intervention coordinator in Cameroon:
- Daily agenda and contact management.
- Document management and filing, as well as printing, copying and binding when required.
- Taking, elaborating and distributing minutes of meetings.
Management and supervision:
- Direct line supervision will be provided by the FGMC interventions coordinator.
- The Finance Manager report to the UK-based Operations Manager on project management, grant support and finance matters
Essential qualifications, skills and experience
- Proven work experience as a Finance Administrator, Finance Assistant or similar role
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel (creating spreadsheets and charts and using financial Excel functions)
- Good understanding of bookkeeping procedures
- Fluency in both English and French
- Time-management and organization skills
- Strong team player
- Comfortable using own initiative and taking ownership of processes
- High levels of integrity and trustworthiness
- Able to handle confidential information
- 5 years relevant professional work experience
- BSc degree in Finance, Accounting or Economics or at least 10-years’ experience in this position
- Being in possession of a passport
Changing and Improving, Leading and Communicating, Collaborating and Partnering, Managing a Quality Service
- Accurate and timely bookkeeping
- Effective office administration/logistics
- Accurate and timely operation of payroll
- Smooth functioning membership administration
Female applicants are especially encouraged to apply
Composition (required) of applications: Letter of motivation, CV (2 pages max) and 03 professional references
The deadline for receipt of applications is 5pm on Friday 15th of November 2019 to be send via email at the following address: email@example.com.
Any applications received after this time will not be considered.
Shortlisted applicants will be invited to interviews that will be held on Thursday 21st of November and will be notified that they have been shortlisted, not later than Wednesday 20th of November. Any applicants who have not received an invitation to interview by that time have not been shortlisted. We regret that we are unable to respond to each unsuccessful applicant individually.