Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Doctors Without Borders (DWB) is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for a MEDICAL DOCTOR.
Working locations: Mamfe Health District and part of Eyumojock and Kumba Health District in Health Facilities and Communities
Type of contract: Fixed Term
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid – Level 9
Provide outpatient and/or inpatient medical care to patients/beneficiaries according to adapted and updated medical knowledge, DWB protocols, values and universal hygiene standards to improve the patients/beneficiaries health conditions.
- Apply medical knowledge and skills to diagnose and prevention. Carry out outpatient and inpatient consultations, prescribing the necessary treatment respecting DWB protocols.
- Keep the patient and/or his/her family informed about the illness and provide appropriate explanations about the treatment to follow, checking they have understood.
- Follow up the evolution of the hospitalized/IDP patients, through daily visits , consultations and examinations, prescribing the necessary treatment following DWB protocols, deciding whether they can be discharged or transferred to other departments – in collaboration with other doctors- and informing their family about the patient’s evolution.
- Check and control the rational distribution of medicines and equipment under his/her responsibility and take care the quality, disinfection and sterilization of the medical material. Assure general compliance with standing hygiene standards.
- Participate in the collection and analysis of epidemiological data, checking its validity and informing the line manager or project coordinator about any problem or complication of the patients illness, medical error and monitors the proper functioning of the department, equipment or material.
- Ensure ongoing training of the medical/paramedical multidisciplinary team in order to optimize the quality of care.
- Knows and ensures all DWB medical protocols are followed and implemented, checking universal precautions are followed at all times and reducing bio-hazard risks and improving infection control. Ensures professional confidentiality is respected.
- Manage the team under his/her direct responsibility according to DWB HR policies and procedures, supervising their performance, organizing and scheduling shifts and rotations, directly participating in emergencies and on calls if necessary.
- Essential, Medical Doctor diploma.
- 2 years experience minimum as a Medical Doctor or in clinical work (can be within medical training).
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel)
- Essential, English and local language
- Competences: People Management, Commitment to our Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork and Cooperation
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address:
firstname.lastname@example.org mentioning on the subject: MEDICAL DOCTOR or else be submitted Caritas – Diocese of Mamfe - P.O. Box 120, in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment MEDICAL DOCTOR addressed to Doctors Without Borders - HR Department.
Deadline for the reception of applications: 25th November 2019
NB: No applications will be accepted after the deadline. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Application documents are non-returnable; please do not submit original documents. Writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications.