Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
JOB ADVERT: Landscape Officer
The World Wide Fund for Nature (WWF), Cameroon Country Programme Office is looking for a Landscape Officer to contribute to the goal of the Programme for the Sustainable Management of Natural Resources in the South West Region (PSMNR-SWR). The goal is to contribute to the preservation of high-value ecosystems in the South-West Region, thereby contributing to improved livelihoods of the surrounding communities in a sustainable manner.
Location: Buea, Cameroon
Duration: 2 years, renewable
- Contribute to the consolidation and capitalization of the achievements and lessons of the collaborative protected area management approach.
- Support protected area management, in particular the co-management aspects, in the Banyang-Mbo Wildlife Sanctuary and Bakossi National Park.
- Pro-actively support the implementation of the landscape approach leading to the creation and managing of the Bakossi-Banyang-Mbo Technical Operation Unit (TOU), and the setup of land-based Payment of Ecosystem Services.
- Assist with monitoring and evaluation, reporting and communication of, and learning from PSMNR PSMNR initiatives in imminent Bakossi-Banyang-Mbo TOU
What you need:
- Minimum of Bachelor degree or in one or more of following domains: forestry and wildlife, natural resource management, environment, rural geography, or any related specialization;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience in the area of wildlife and protected area management, landscape management or sustainable management of forest resources.
Required Skills and Competencies
- Strong technical skills in wildlife, protected areas management and landscape management
- Strong bio/socioeconomic monitoring skills
- Good overview of legal and institutional framework in the area of forest and wildlife resources management in Cameroon.
- Strong technical, communication and organizational skills;
- Ability to work and interact with people of different backgrounds;
- Good team member and familiarity with the functioning of local and international organisations;
- Computer literate, and knowledge of data analysis and GIS
- Fluency in English and familiarity with French
- Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging.
How to Apply:
Email a cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The subject should read PSMNR-LO
Only those who meet the requirements will be contacted. If you have not been contacted one month after closing, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: Please make sure you write the subject as presented above, if not your application shall not be found
Deadline for applications: July 31, 2019
Female applicants are encouraged.
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.