Cette offre d'emploi a été publiée il y a plus de 40 jours...
Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Title: HTS Providers
Number of Positions: 15
Locations: Littoral region/Douala
Reports to: HIV services Senior Technical Officer
Start date: July 1, 2019
Applications Due: June 28, 2019
"Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments."
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide.
Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking to recruit 100 HTS providers to support provision of HIV testing services following the national guidelines in supported sites in the Littoral Region.
- Provide confidential HIV infection and testing for people at risk of infection as per Cameroon HTS national guidelines
- Conducting HTS using targeted provider-initiated testing and counseling, index case testing, self-testing and voluntary counseling and testing approaches
- Provide special group counseling for couples, discordant couples, youths and teenagers
- Addresses of behavior change in relation to HIV and ART
- Facilitate the delivery of HIV prevention information to clients
- Provide psychosocial support and assistance with linkage to referral services
- Assess and document all referrals, make follow-up and report on referrals
- Maintain a well-documented laboratory quality assurance register for HIV testing and relevant programmatic tools (SOPs, job aids, stock cards)
- Compile and submit daily, weekly and monthly HTS reports
- Provide health education to outpatient clients as a strategy of mobilizing clients for HIV testing
- Storing and using the HTC commodities according to the Cameroon national guidelines.
- Maintaining confidentiality of all activities to preserve the dignity of all customers
- Training: A minimum of an Assistant Nurse or Assistant Lab technician degree or other health related sciences
- Experience: At least 02 years working in a health care setting
- Skills: Excellent communication skills with patients, service providers and the public
- Language: Good mastery of French is a key requirement.
Required competencies, skills and experience
- The HTS Providers must show a positive attitude towards HIV, their own beliefs about the efficacy of ART and the importance of adherence is key as it will determine how they reinforce linkage to care and treatment services.
- The HTS Provider must understand how HIV affects the body and the basics of ART
- The HTS Provider should have a clear understanding of how the client’s social and economic situation and their cultural background can impact upon linkage to ART
- Need for an empathetic, non-judgemental approach towards the clients
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as a team and with minimal supervision
How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: HTS Providers
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.