Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: HIV Clinical Nurse
Job openings: 08
Locations: Littoral region
Reports to: HIV services Senior Technical Officer
Start date: July 1st, 2019
Applications Due: June 28, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
With funding from CDC/PEPFAR Cameroon for the Atteindre95 project, EGPAF is supporting the Ministry of Public Health and the Government of Cameroon to scale-up HIV Testing Services (HTS) to ensure that 95% of people living with HIV know their status, that 95% of them are initiated on ART, and that 95% of those on ART are virally suppressed. EGPAF is also supported by other donors such as Unitaid to implement innovative approaches for Early Infant Diagnosis of HIV and catalysing Pediatric Tuberculosis services.
To support the provision of integrated and comprehensive high quality of HIV care and treatment services in the Atteindre95 Project at supported health facilities in the Littoral Region.
Specific Duties And Responsibilities
- Contribute to diagnosis, treatment and management of patients with HIV and AIDS, and other co-infection like hepatitis C Virus infection, TB patients etc. according to National treatment guidelines.
- Assist in providing basic IEC material, conduct health education talks and counselling for PMTCT, TB and HIV/AIDS to males in the health facility.
- Ensure all patients are screened for ICT and link their contact to HTS;
- Ensure that all patients are systematically proposed the various differentiated models of care available in site;
- Assess patient’s physical condition on an ongoing basis throughout the continuum of care
- Screen patients psychosocial and mental health needs and refer them to specialized services when needed
- Ensure pregnant and breastfeeding women attending antenatal (ANC) and postnatal care services (PNC) are systematically offered HIV testing services and that those wo are infected with HIV are systematically linked to antiretroviral therapy
- Ensure systems are in place for retention of mother- infant pairs (MIP)
- Ensure integrated longitudinal follow up of mother-infant pairs until 18 months postpartum, making sure all HIV exposed infants receive ARV cotrimoxazole prophylaxis and benefit from early infant diagnosis, as per the national algorithm
- Endure prompt identification and tracking of HIV infected pregnant and breastfeeding women and their exposed babies who are lost to follow up, and bring them back to care and treatment
- Documents patient’s medical status during outpatient encounter;
- Under general supervision, utilizes the nursing process to provide care to all patients with respect for their uniqueness using informed judgment, individual competence and qualifications, and collaboration with the health care team.
- Submit monthly summary reports to the HIV Services Senior Technical Officer and to the HIV service coordinator at their assigned facility regarding their clinical and programmatic activities.
Job Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree in Nursing, state Registered Nurse, midwife with (registration in the nursing board is mandatory)
- At least two years of work experience in HIV related programs
- Fluency in French is a key requirement and a working knowledge of English is an advantage
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work under pressure;
- Ability to work in team settings and willingness to learn
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: HIV Clinical Nurse
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.