THE MENTOR INITIATIVE SEEKS TO RECRUIT A LOGISTICS ASSISTANT
The Mentor Initiative (MI) acts in some of the world’s most austere and vulnerable communities. Regardless of race, creed or nationality, MENTOR aims to deliver disease control to populations at greatest risk of suffering and death. Mentor’s first and last considerations are the needs of the people it serves.
The MENTOR Initiative saves lives in emergencies through tropical disease control and then stays to help people recover from crisis with dignity, working side by side with communities, health workers and health authorities to leave a lasting impact.
In Cameroon, MI has arrived at the end of 2018 to assess the humanitarian needs in the South West region and is planning to start an emergency public health intervention in Kumba and Mamfe health districts, focusing on health, water and sanitation. For this purpose, MI will open an office in Buea in June 2019. The recruitment of international and national staff has started in the meantime.
Job Location: BUEA
Beginning of contract: 1st of July 2019
Contract duration: 5 months with possibility of extension
Probation period: 2 month
What we offer: Salary + Social benefits (medical coverage, paid leaves)
Deadline date for submission: 13/06/2019
The logistics assistant supports the logistician in implementing and supervising all logistical activities at his/her assigned base.
In particular, he/she lends support to carrying out urgent activities and the filing and archiving logistical documents.
He/she temporarily takes on the basic tasks of the logistics officer in their absence.
List of main tasks:
Management of supplies
- Update price lists and vendor databases
- Control Mentor Initiative purchase procedures
- Verify and process quote requests and IOFs
- Compose and archive purchase folders
- Implement purchases, monitoring adherence to validation regulations and procedures
- Negotiate prices, deadlines and methods of delivery
- Ensure that relationships with suppliers are monitored
Management of vehicle fleet
- Assist in the planning and execution of maintenance and repair work on mission vehicles
- Draw up the vehicle schedule
- Ensure that a complete breakdown kit is available on board all vehicles
- Check that vehicle log books are in place and are used correctly
- Assist in monitoring and consolidating fuel consumption and miles travelled for all vehicles
- Prevent misappropriation of petrol and spare parts
- Monitor the administrative documents for all vehicles
Management of equipment/telecommunications
- Assist in installing and securing materials
- Assist in monitoring and maintaining materials
- Organize training sessions in the use of means of communication
Management and monitoring of IT equipment
- Update antivirus software
- Provide teams with adequate means for data backup
- Ensure the maintenance and correct use of IT equipment
Management of supplies
- Supervise the maintenance and securing of warehouses
- Support the logistics officer in carrying out stock checks and physical inventories
Human resource management
- Assist in the recruitment process and in evaluating the members of the logistical team
- Establish team schedules in conjunction with the logistics officer
- Ensure or assist with logistical training
- Proven experience in working in complex and volatile environments
- Previous experience with an INGO in similar positions would be an asset
- Strong ability to respect confidentiality and neutrality principles
- Strong knowledge of Humanitarian principles
- Productivity and ability to work under pressure
- Leadership and teamwork
- Dynamism and energy
- Industrial Engineering or Business Administration Bachelor
- Proven experience as assistant in the area of logistics, inventories and fleet supervisor
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Reporting / Communication skills
ORG CHART POSITION (reporting and functional relationships)
- Line Manager: Logistics and Administrative Manager
- Line Report (on base): - Field Coordinator
- Functional Manager: - Logistics and Administrative Manager
- Functional Report: - Logistics Coordinator
Please submit your application (CV, cover letter, studies and work certificates, references) per email: Recruitment.email@example.com with the subject “Log Assist application form”
Important: the position you want to apply for has to be specified in the subject of your e-mail, otherwise the application will not be considered as valid.
The Mentor Initiative reserves the right to select a candidate and finalize the recruitment before the final date.
ONLY the selected candidate will be contacted.