FAO (FOOD AND ORGANISATION ORGANIZATION)
CALL FOR EXPRESSIONS OF INTEREST – VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT: 1901108
Assistant FAOR (Administration)
Closing Date: 06/Jun/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FAO Representation in Cameroon, FRCMR
Job Type: Staff position
Type of Requisition: NPO (National Project Officer)
Grade level: N-1
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaoundé
Duration: fixed term, two years with possibility of extension
Post Number: 1074865
CCOG Code: 1A12
The length of appointment for internal FAO candidates will be established in accordance with applicable policies pertaining to the extension of appointments
FAO is committed to archiving workforce diversity in terms of gender and nationality
People with disabilities are protected from any of discrimination during any stage of employment, including the recruitment phase.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The main aim of the country offices which are headed by an FAO Representative, is to assist governments to develop policies, programmes and projects to achieve food security and to reduce hunger and malnutrition, to help develop the agricultural, fisheries and forestry sectors, and to use their environmental and natural resources in a sustainable manner.
Reporting Lines: The Assistant FAO Representative (Administration) reports to the FAO Representative.
Technical Focus: Programme administration and financial management, including accounting and personnel administration.
Key Result: Effective and efficient provision of administrative support to the programme and project activities of the FAO Representation.
- Provides support in the areas of administration, finance and budgetary control;
- Maintains all financial records and monitoring systems of the office and assists with monitoring of various accounts; supervises and/or maintains imprest accounts, ensures that operational expenditures are in accordance with approved budgets and that all committing documents are complete and consistent and reports variations from budgets;
- Supervises the administrative team, assists with organizing and /or retrieving entering selecting and analyzing data from a wide variety of sources, including FAO’s corporate systems;
- Prepares financial and administrative correspondence for the office, including the processing of payments in accordance established rules; maintains a filing system; and ensures that an appropriate paper trail with key documentation is archived
- Assists with the preparation of recurring reports on programme, project and office accounts; provides support in the preparation of reports for budget planning, audits and other related requests; and liaises with local banks and financial institutions;
- Monitors the receipt of Government contributions and ensures that, all procurement and custom clearances for programmes, projects and the office are properly requested and obtained;
- Ensures the compliance with the organization’s security guidelines (Minimum Operational Security Standards’ MOSS).
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Candidates will be assessed against the following
- National of Cameroon
- Advanced university degree in a field related to business or public administration
- One year of relevant experience in office management, administration, accounting and/or audit, budget or finance
- Level C of the official communication language used for FAO communication with the country (English, French, Spanish, Arabic, Chinese or Russian)
- Working knowledge of the local language ( if not English French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese)
- Working knowledge (Level B) of English (if the main communication language is French, Spanish, Arabic, Russian or Chinese).
- Results Focus
- Team work
- Building effective relationships
- Knowledge Sharing and Continuous improvement
- Work experience in more than one location or area of work, particularly infield positions is desirable
- Extent and relevance of experience in the field of office management and administrative management procedures
- Extent of knowledge of FAO’s corporate systems and data base, or knowledge of other accounting or financial modules or applications or applications relevant to accounting procedures or project budget management would be considered an asset
- Demonstrated analytical and judgment skills and ability to apply rules and regulations in the subject field
- FAO does not change a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, processing)
- Please note that FAO will only consider academic credential or degree obtain from an educational institution recognized in the lAU/UNESCO list
- Candidates may apply any geographic location
- Selected candidates need to reside or to relocate within commuting distance from the FAO Office at their own expense. Commuting distance means the distance within wich staff members can travel daily between their place of work and their residence
- No international benefits will be payable as selected candidates are recruited locally and paid in the local currency of the office location
- Other similar positions may be filled from this vacancy notice
- For additional information visit the FAO employment website: http://www.fao.org/employment/home/en/
A competitive compensation and benefits package is offered. For information on UN salaries, allowances and benefits, click on the following link: https://www.un.org/Depts/OHRM/salaries_allowances/salary.htm
HOW TO APPLY
- To apply visit the recruitment website at jobs a FAO and complete your online profile. Once completed, please apply and submit your application, with language certificates as attachments. Only language proficiency certificates from UN accredited external provides and /or FAO language official examinations (LPE, ILE, and LRT) will be accepted as proof of the level of knowledge of language indicated in the online applications. FAO reserves the right to request candidates to undertake a language test in the future, as appropriate
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Only applications received through the recruitment portal will be considered
- Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to apply well before deadline date
- If you need assistance please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT