FAO (FOOD AND ORGANISATION ORGANIZATION)
Closing Date: 05/Jun/2019, 9:59:00 PM
Organizational Unit: FAO Cameroon
Job Type: Non-staff opportunities
Type of Requisition: NPP (National Project Personnel)
Grade level: N/A
Primary Location: Cameroon-Yaoundé
Duration: 11 months
Post Number: N/A
Important Notice: Please note that closure date and time displayed above are based on your personal device date and time settings
FAO seeks gender, geographical and linguistic diversity in order to best serve FAO Members in all region
Qualified female applicants are encouraged to apply.
People with disabilities are equality encouraged to apply.
All applications will be treated with the strictest confidentiality.
The liaison and partnership Office of FAO Cameroon, is in Charge of charge of elaborating, promoting, supervising and executing agreed upon strategies to attain prioritized objectives in matters of food, nutrition,
The incumbent works under the general supervision of the FAO Representative and functional supervision of the direct supervisor
In his or function of driver of the FAO Representation, the incumbent is in regular contact with staff from all levels of the country office, with National and International visitors, with (high) officials from the government and other UN Agencies, with project Managers, Consultants, and other personnel from within and outside the Organization. He/ She is often the first point of contact for people from outside the office. He/she interacts on a day basis with personnel and officials from local offices and service providers.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Drive the Country Office staff and their official visitors on official trips, and drive for the FAO Representative and his/her visitors
- Meet staff and official visitors at the airport, facilitate immigration, custom formalities, hotel check in and other local formalities
- Log official trips, daily mile age, gas consumption, transportation/ vehicle related expenditures, vehicle servicing, repairs, etc.
- Ensure day to day maintenance of the assigned vehicle; checks oil, water, battery, tires; performs minor repairs and timely arrange for any other repairs necessary to keep the vehicle safe and technically sound at all times; maintain the vehicle in clean condition
- Handle local and organizational formalities when involved in an accident; ensure that in his case all organizational and local/country office rules, regulations and procedures are followed correctly
- Collect and deliver mails, document, pouches, and other communication/ items from and to the country office; go to the post, office, airport, government agencies, institutions, project sites, etc., to take and deliver items and communications; keep records as required
- When needed assist the country office staff, in performing simple clerical duties such as making and answering simple telephone calls, making photocopies, keeping records
- Perform other related duties as required.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS – Candidates will be assessed against the following
- Education: Secondary Education, Possession of valid driver’s license
- Experience: two years of working experience as a driver
- Languages: working knowledge of English or French
FAO Core Competencies
- Results Focus
- Building Sharing and Continuous improvement
- Good knowledge of the local driving rules and regulations, skills in minor vehicle repairs
- A high degree of punctuality and reliability is required
- Save driving manner, good sense of direction and knowledge of local conditions,
- Ability to cope with extended working hours.
Candidates are requested to attach a letter of motivation to the online profile.
Vacancies will be removed from the recruitment portal at 23:59 Central European Time (CET) on the deadline for applications date. We encourage applicants to submit the application well before the deadline date.
If you need help, or have queries, please contact: Careers@fao.org
FAO IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT