Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Title: Procurement & Logistics Assistant/Assistant aux achats
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Job Code: 1762
Applications Due: May 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
With funding from CDC/PEPFAR Cameroon for the Atteindre95 project, EGPAF is supporting the Ministry of Public Health and the Government of Cameroon to scale-up HIV Testing Services (HTS) to ensure that 95% of people living with HIV know their status, that 95% of them are initiated on ART, and that 95% of those on ART are virally suppressed. EGPAF is also supported by other donors such as Unitaid to implement innovative approaches for Early Infant Diagnosis of HIV and catalysing Pediatric Tuberculosis services.
The Procurement Assistant will assist in the day-to-day implementation of procurement activities.
S/he will be under direct supervision of the Procurement and Logistics Manager
- Manage procurement and ensure effective and timely procurement services following agreed procurement timelines (Distribution of PO’s, collection of quotes, etc.)
- Ensure the archiving of documents related to procurement (quotes/pro-forma, Purchase orders, Invoices, Delivery/Goods Received Notes, contracts).
- Update of supplier list and the price catalog.
- Ensure of fulfilment of the whole procurement process as per EGPAF Logistics Handbook, SOP’s, and per donor requirements where required;
- Assist in the active and regular search for suppliers with prequalification process and establishment of vendor database, which includes supplier performance information;
- Ensure that all appropriate purchases supporting documents are file accordingly (Per project and period
- Ensure that the Procurement Request Form are accurate with all information.
- Assist in a timely manner with the relevant programs, departments, units, and services regarding delivery of supplies, keeping all parties informed of any changes;
- Ensure that the Procurement Tracker form is fully complete on a daily basis and is available for distribution to manager on a regular weekly and monthly basis.
- Ensure that procurement files are complete and prepared for Finance Department for timely payments of procured Goods and Services;
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date supplier information database for regularly purchased items, and information about local market conditions.
- Creating and providing reports to Line Manager as requested.
- Education level: University, Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Logistics and Transportation, International Trade or in Management
- Experience: 2 years’ experience in a similar role
- Unquestionable integrity
- Previous experience from working as procurement and/or Logistics assistant in an International Non-Governmental Organization NGO) or in the commercial sector.
- Experience in working under pressure
- Experience with procurement procedures;
- Teamwork and ability to learn and grow in a fast-changing environment
- Good interpersonal skills
- Experience with Microsoft Word Outlook and Excel
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Fluency in English or French and working knowledge of one language is an advantage;
- Good knowledge of the Cameroon market
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyse problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: Procurement and Logistics Assistant/Assistant aux achats
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.