JOB OFFER: SUPPLY CHAIN OFFICER BUEA
- Context and Background
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, IRC offers life-saving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in more than 40 countries and in 22 U.S. cities, IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted by conflict or disaster. IRC leads the way from harm to home.
The IRC started operations in Cameroon in 2016 to respond to the increasing concerns for people affected by violence linked to Boko Haram, in the Far North of the country. Assistance to displaced populations extends across the Far North, notably Mayo Sava, Mayo Tsanaga and Logone & Chari, delivering lifesaving programming to increase access to water and improving hygiene practices in vulnerable displaced and host communities, cash programming to enable poor families to meet basic needs and improve food security, and protection programming, including meeting specific needs of women and girls. The Coordination office is located in Maroua, with a field base in Kousseri and a representation office in Yaoundé.
Following the increasing crisis in the North West and South West regions of Cameroon, the IRC expanded its operations into the South West region in August 2018. The IRC is delivering lifesaving humanitarian assistance to internally displaced populations, with a field base in Buea.
IRC Cameroon is committed in its 2020 Strategic Action Plan, to continue to provide essential humanitarian services, with a focus on safety in communities and ensuring affected populations can meet their basic needs, whilst also building the resilience of beneficiaries, especially women and girls. IRC Cameroon is funded by European and American donors
- Job Summary
Reporting to the Buea Field coordinator and the Supply Chain Coordinator, the Supply Chain Officer is responsible for the efficient coordination and management of all fleet vehicles, motorbikes, and generators. Efficient fleet management is central to the overall efficiency of IRC Buea Office implementation and therefore requires ample technical/mechanical know-how, drive and a critical mind that is alert to the competing demands and multiple problems within given fleet resource constraints. Cost consciousness will be a very desirable quality to be exhibited given the meager financial resources available. The functions further require quick logical solutions to emerging technical problems having regard to the due optimization of the output of programs that are supported.
The Supply Chain Officer will instate collaborate on regular basis with Programme Managers, Supervisors and other heads of units with respect to vehicle requirements and allocations on a weekly basis to ensure that all programs have equitable/reasonable access to vehicles to implement planned activities. The Supply Chain Officer will oversee all matters relating to vehicle movement, Hiring, maintenance scheduling and execution, documentation including recording, tracking, filing and reporting of vehicle operations. He/She gets technical support from the IRC Supply Chain Coordinator.
- Ensure the good use and condition of the IRC fleet (Vehicles, motorbikes and Generators in principle).
- Enforce the application of the Vehicle Policy and implementation of all transport request forms
- Test and approve all drivers and riders proficiency and ensure they are legally licensed before authorizing use of an IRC vehicle/bikes
- Chair weekly transport meetings
- Coordinate all programs transport and provide weekly and monthly transport plans
- Personally dispatch and supervise the efficient operation of all shuttles. This includes ensuring that loads and passenger numbers are within the safety limits checking all passengers are properly authorized and that the vehicle has all necessary tools, spare types and communications
- Ensure the Service and Maintenance of all Vehicles, Motorbikes and generators
- Regularly communicate with Maroua to arrange appointments in advance for repair and maintenance that cannot be undertaken in Buea
- Ensure that the vehicles are always properly secured and fueled appropriately
- Make sure all persons driving a vehicle follow IRC rules, protocols and policies & SoP.
- Prior to each departure, check for any security notice or directives for travel area and plan movement in response
- Organize and supervise the daily fleet inspection (confirming documents, equipment, adequate fluids and fuel),
- Arrange for necessary supplies and service timely.
- Ensure that the fleet is properly clean inside and outside at all times (drives are responsible for cleaning out all rubbish from inside the vehicle at the end of each trip and washing vehicles).
- Maintain regular communication with programs regarding vehicle needs and conditions
- Assist team members with proper completion of any incident report and follow up action.
- Transmit to the Supply chain coordinator all information, reports, and forms etc, with regard to vehicles, Motorbikes and Generators.
- File all information concerning the IRC fleet and generators (documents, invoices, servicing…).
- Ensure the security of all vehicle and motorbike keys.
- Report to Field coordinator all and any defects, no matter how minor.
- Develop a training programmer for all drivers and riders that includes basic mechanics, simple servicing, vehicle care and maintenance and off road driving techniques.
- Regularly test drivers and riders skills making recommendations, for further improvement and training.
- Provide monthly and quarterly vehicle and motorbike performance and operating cost reports to all managers and coordinators
- Perform other miscellaneous related duties as required or requested by the Supply chain coordinator from time to time.
- The above list of duties is fluid and therefore subject to changes and alterations in accordance with changing work situations and circumstances with due regard to the post holder’s right to prior consultation.
Supervise the warehouse assistant in the day to running of the warehouse and in line with his/her job description in order to ensuring the following:
- Proper management and documentation of the receipt, handling, storage, release and reporting of drugs and other commodities in accordance with IRC policy.
- Action all approved drugs purchase request including the necessary follow up with suppliers/GSC (local and international respectively), and clearing agent until the drugs are delivered in the warehouse.
- Inform and involve the program staff during the delivery process to ascertain the appropriate quantities and quality including expiry dates.
- Have overall control of the drugs in the IRC store
- Enter all items into warehouse in preadsheet daily
- Ensure that drugs are properly stored, protected from damage or degradation and that they are easily accessible for inspection and movement.
- Accurately and transparently, document and file all warehouse activities including drugs.
- Track all movements of the drugs out the warehouse that are being released through the “Store Release Forms” verified and approved by the program staff.
- Ensure that released drugs are sent to the required destinations and waybills and other documentation signed and filled accordingly.
- Facilitate spot checks by any staff on the drugs in the store to ensure that the records and up to date at all times.
- Undertake (documented) monthly and ad-hoc physical inventory checks of drugs.
- Produce monthly drugs and other commodities inventory reports if required.
- Undertake cycle count every two months and follow SoP
- Organise end of Fiscal Year physical count of the inventory by end of September 30, 2018.
- Ensure that all inventory, assets and property are properly managed in accordance with IRC policies and SoP.
- Ensure regular updating and maintaining of asset list and asset register.
- Ensure regular updating of assets receipts form and maintain proper tracking and filling system.
- Ensure proper tracking of all IRC assets movement and issuance, including continuous maintenance and update the assets master list for review by the supply chain manager and the Field coordinator.
- Make recommendations on asset disposal and replenishment
- Preparing at GRM and GCM Inventory, Asset reports and share with stakeholders before meetings.
- Supervise the Procurement Assistant and oversee activities of the IRC Buea procurement to ensure that efficient procurement system and procedures are maintained and in accordance with IRC SoP.
- Ensure the Procurement Assistant submits weekly and monthly procurement reports to the field coordinator and review the reports before they are sent.
- Establish and maintain systems that allow the free and easy receipt of all procurement request.
- Support the procurement assistant in identifying potential vendors/suppliers with required market necessities of IRC and establish an accountable and transparent system of business on behalf of IRC by strictly following IRC vendor relationship as indicated on IRC SoP.
- Ensure the prompt delivery of purchased goods to IRC warehouse (identified by Program Manager).
- Cooperate with the Finance Department to ensure prompt and correct invoice indicate payments are achieved. This practice should ensure a growth in trust between the IRC enabling that IRC receives advantage business practices.
- Ensure that a regular market survey and updated price list system is in place in accordance with IRC procurement and financial guidelines.
Security and Safety Duties
- Provide support to the drivers and Admin Officer to ensure that IRC facilities are properly managed and are safe and secured and standard services are provided.
- Monitor the security situation in and around Buea and continuously update long-term security plans for IRC Buea office and compound.
- Ensure that incidents reports are submitted in a timely manner to the Field coordinator and to the DDO for all security incidents and follow-up.
- Provide assistance and oversight with regards to security procedures.
- Orientate new and continuing staff through trainings and workshops on Supply Chain operations at the Buea office.
- Share pertinent security related information with the Field coordinator.
- Implement new security procedures and guidelines stipulated in circulars from the DDO.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Field coordinator.
- Provide day-to-day supervision and support to staff that you directly supervise including the Warehouse, Procurement and Fleet & transport
- Make recommendations to the Field coordinator on contract extensions, promotions, staff development and review of job descriptions of staff you supervise.
- Set clear performance objectives for staff you supervise and ensure that they are understood.
- Conduct interim performance reviews every six months and hold one to one feedback discussions with staff that you supervise on a regular basis to ensure that performance objectives are being met.
- Conduct annual performance evaluations for staff that you directly supervise and manage poor performance and disciplinary issues in accordance with IRC HR policies and procedures.
- Ensure that staff annual leave is tracked and planned in advance and that there is sustainable coverage and backup for all staff going on leave.
- Review and approve/endorse timesheets of your staff on a monthly basis and travel and leave requests when the requests are made.
Education (Knowledge) Higher
- High School or Supply Chain Management, Logistic and Transport, Certificate in business administration or similar professional qualification
- Basic knowledge in auto mechanics a must. At least an intermediate City & Guilds certificate in auto mechanics an added advantage.
- Experience in trouble shooting with FG Wilson, Perkins and Lister Peter diesel generators
- Basic knowledge in general electrical maintenance desired.
- At least 3 years work experience as Supply Chain officer or similar position in fleet management of which 2 years must have been spent working with an international NGO.
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to write narrative and analytical spreadsheet reports
- Proven computer literacy in MS-Word, MS-Excel MS-Access or related programs.
- Ability to plan prioritises coordinates and performs multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Spoken and written fluency in English desired, French is an asset
- Driving licence a requirement.
- Willingness to put in extra hours in extraneous circumstances and emergencies
- Honest, responsible and in good physical condition to meet the demands of the job.
HOW TO APPLY:
Interested candidates are invited to apply through the following link: Supply Chain Officer
Deadline : May 16th 2019