OPPORTUNITY: Database Administrator
Your responsibility as a database administrator (DBA) will be the performance monitoring, integrity and security of the database. You'll be involved in the planning and development of the database, websites, as well as in troubleshooting any issues on behalf of the users.
- data remains consistent across the database
- data is clearly defined
- users access data concurrently, in a form that suits their needs
- there is provision for data security and recovery control (ensuring all data is retrievable in an emergency).
- Electronic payment methods are well integrated
- establish the needs of users and monitoring user access and security
- monitor performance and manage parameters in order to provide fast responses to front-end users
- map out the conceptual design for a planned database
- trouble shoot all payment issues
- consider both back-end organization of data and front-end accessibility for end-users
- refine the logical design so that it can be translated into a specific data model
- further refining the physical design to meet system storage requirements
- control access permissions and privileges
- develop, manage and test back-up and recovery plans
- ensure that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- carry out capacity planning
- work closely with IT project managers, database programmers and multimedia programmers
- communicate regularly with financial services, sales services, applications and operational staff to ensure database integrity and security
- commission and install new applications and customize existing applications in order to make them fit for purpose
- manage the security and disaster recovery aspects of a database.
Skills / Requirements
- Master Degree in computer Engineering from an accredited institution.
- Minimum of 4 year’s experience, as database manager
- An experience in a lottery company will be a plus
- Very Good communication skills
- Ability to work well under deadlines and pressure
- Attention to detail
- Strong operations background in a financial services environment