CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Doctors without Borders, for its activities in Widikum – North West, is looking for:
NURSE - WIDIKUM (Ref: NW19032019)
Doctors Without Borders is an international non-governmental medical association providing assistance to populations in distress, to victims of natural or man-made disasters and to victims of armed conflict irrespective of race, religion, creed or political convictions. We observe neutrality and impartiality in the name of universal medical ethics and the right to humanitarian assistance and claim full and unhindered freedom in the exercise of our functions.
Related with our activities we are looking for NURSE
Working locations: Widikum – North West
Type of contract: CDD
Salary: According to the organisation´s Salary Grid
Providing nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors’ prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Knowing, promoting, implementing and following up the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensuring high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment. Respecting medical secrets and confidentiality at all times.
- Organizing and carrying out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, and assisting during consultations, daily rounds and other medical procedures. Participating in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary.
- Identifying Sexually Gender Based Violence victims and referring them to the medical team so they can receive the necessary treatment. Knowing and is aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Ensuring patients are properly received and installed and that those with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort. For ER and OPD nurse, ensuring triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care and referring them to the doctor when necessary
- Sending material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Carrying out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients (i.e. assessment of the evolution of their state of health and the identification of any emergency situation or deterioration
- Carrying and supervising administrative procedures and documents (fill in patient’s files, forms, consumptions, statistics, registers, health files, etc.), ensuring an appropriate written/oral handover, and reporting any problematic situations and cases that may arise. Participating in data collection and keeping doctors/supervisors informed .
- Participating in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance (quality and its functioning, storage conditions, follow-up of expired drugs inventories, stock takes of medicines and material at every team changeover ensuring no material is taken out of nursing area/wards without prior authorisation, etc.)
- Perform cleaning and minor maintenance for biomedical equipment used. Fol-lowing the user manual and protocols and alert supervisor in case of malfunctioning.
- Supervising and training nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision, ensuring teamwork and adherence to all appropriate protocols and procedures.
- Essential recognized nurse degree/diploma.
- Desirable Bachelor in Science of Nursing.
- Required experience in ER Room and trauma.
- Desirable 2 years of previous experience and previous experience in other NGO’s
- Demonstrable experience in supervising and training others in a team setting.
- English language essential. Local language desirable.
- Competencies: Commitment to Doctors Without Borders Principles, Behavioural Flexibility, Stress Management, Results and Quality Orientation, Teamwork, Service Orientation.
All applications (CV, cover letter, diplomas, working certificates, telephone number, etc.) must be sent by email to the following address: email@example.com mentioning on the subject: mid or else be submitted at the Bamenda Office (Faith Building, Che Street, Ntarinkon, Bamenda) in a sealed envelop Ref: Recruitment NURSE NW19032019 for the attention of Doctors Without Borders.
Deadline for the reception of applications: Saturday 23th March 2019 at 16:00
NB: writing tests and interviews will be done in our offices after the selection of the applications. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.