CALL FOR APPLICATIONS FOR THE POSITION OF CASHIER AT THE AMCS IN DOUALA
Background and rationale:
The Cameroon Association for Social Marketing (ACMS) is seeking to recruit a Cashier (M/F) for ACMS Office in Douala.
The successful candidate will have a role to ensure the administrative management, the management of funds within the region including petty cash, bank, sales, purchasing management, in strict compliance with the manual procedures in force.
ACMS is a network member of Population Services International (PSI). PSI is a globally-renowned health organization with programs targeting malaria, child survival, HIV and reproductive health.
Duty station: Douala
Type of contract: 2 (two) years fixed-term (CDD) with open-ended (CDI) renewal option
Date of start of employment: October 2018
Position level: 8th category, level B of tertiary sector II of the National Collective Agreement on Trade.
Under the Administrative supervision of the Zone I Regional Manager and Technical supervision of the Coordinator of Accounting, the Cashier of the Office in Douala will have the following missions:
R1: Insuring petty cash operations
- Carry petty cash expenses in DOUALA;
- Make cash withdrawals in the bank to exclusively replenish the petty cash;
- Keep a cash and bank book;
- Ensure the continuous implementation of ACMS accounting procedures on petty cash management;
- Ensure the implementation of audit recommendations on ACMS cash management.
R2: Monitoring the proper management of office supplies and fuel vouchers
- Manage DOUALA office supplies, including stock tracking of sales documents;
- Manage the fuel vouchers and Tom Card of the Office in DOUALA;
- Ensure real-time provision of supplies and fuels vouchers.
R3: Ensuring the shipments of funds
- Send cash advances to promoters, radio and newspaper team;
- Ensure bank disbursement and shipments of funds;
- Make specific payments.
R4: Processing of sales
- Collect proceeds from the sale of products and make deposits in dedicated bank accounts within prescribed deadlines;
- Prepare invoices, receipts and remittance slips for timely submission to the accounts department.
R5: Other responsibilities
- Periodically assist the accountant in his/her work;
- Carry out the filing and recording of received documents;
- Prepare monthly filing elements for sales and receipt tables to be submitted to the accountant for verification and transmission to the headquarters;
- Draft the various monthly, quarterly and annual reports of his/her activities;
- Perform all other duties related to his/her activities as assigned by hierarchy.
Skills, Qualifications and professional experience required
- Be of Cameroonian nationality or be authorized to work in Cameroon;
- Hold of at least a Bac + 2 (GCE A-Level +2) diploma in accounting, management or finance (BTS, DUT, DEUG);
- Have at least 2 (two) years of professional experience, with at least 1 (one) year, as Senior Cashier or Accountant, in a company comparable to ACMS in size;
- Be fluent in French and/or English and have a mastery of the other language;
- Have a good command of computer tools and software (Word, PowerPoint, Excel);
- Familiarity with social marketing and/or NGO’s would be an asset;
- Be of good character, upright, available and honest;
- Be able to plan and organize his/her daily work.
Additional skills required:
- Be able to work under pressure and in a team;
- Have the ability to maintain working relationships in a multicultural and multi-ethnic environment while being sensitive and respectful of diversity;
- Be creative and innovative in his/her work and demonstrate his/her sense of integrity
- Be able to demonstrate skills in the management of human relations and communication;
- Have analytical and thinking abilities and results-based management skills;
- Have a structured mind and good aptitudes in oral written expression.
- A motivation letter addressed to the Executive Director of ACMS;
- A detailed curriculum vitae (CV) following the from available for this purpose on the website: htpp:// www.acms-cm.org;
- Photocopies of diplomas required.
- A photocopy the valid National Identity Card or any other authorized identification document;
- A certificate of non-conviction not more than three months old;
- Photocopies of documents justifying the candidate’s experiences (Attestation of internship and employment, work certificate and/or any other document relating thereto).
Submission of files:
- The complete files should be submitted in an anonymous envelope with the mention: “Application for the position of Cashier at ACMS DOUALA”
- At the headquarters of the ACMS in Yaoundé, located in the district Mballa II at Dragages Tel/Fax: 222 20 92 24
- At the regional Office in Garoua located in the Marouaré district behing Grande Mosque de Poumpoumre Tel: 222 20 02
- At the Maroua liaison office located in Dougai district Tel: 656 23 93 04 / 656 20 03 12
- At the Ngaoundere liaison Office located in the administrative neighborhood, Tel: 690 12 46 66 / 694 53 54 03
- At the regional office in Douala located in the Ndogbati district (Carrefour Agip) next to the Maison du cycle Tel: 333 41 11 12
- At Bamenda Regional Office at COW STREET-NKWEN Tel: 333 36 20 79
Deadline for the admissibility of the files: Friday, 17th August 2018
Female and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile