CALL FOR APPLICATION TO THE POSITION OF A CHIEF OF PARTY OF ACCESS TO REPRODUCTIVE HEALTH SERVICES (M/F) BASED IN GAROUA.
Context and rationale:
With over 45 years of experience, working in over 50 countries, Population Services International (PSI) is the world's leading non-profit social marketing organization. PSI is reimagining healthcare, by putting the consumer at the center, and wherever possible - bringing care to the front door. We are working to fix market failures, shape future health markets and shift policy and funding to better support consumer empowered healthcase.
There are over 7,000 "PSI'ers" around the world. We are a diverse group of entrepreneurial development professionals with a wide range of backgrounds and experience. All with unique skills that we brind to the critically important work that we do.
L'Association Camerounaise pour le Marketing Social(ACMS) is a non-governmental organization under cameroonian law and a membre of the Population Services International(PSI) network since 1996. Headquartered in Yaoundé, ACMS has field offices in Garoua and Douala and a nationwide staff of about 250. ACMS is recognised as one of the main actors in Cameroon in the prevention of HIV/AIDS and the promotion of family planning through social marketing and behavior change communciations. ACMS is a complex organization with multiple projets and donors and a wide range of products and services, including a social franchising project with 372 network clinics.
We are looking for a Chief of Party who will support ACMS in the implementation of a large-scale reproductive health project in 4 regios of Cameroon. The project will focus on increasing the use of long-term family planning methods and the prevention of post-partum hemorrhage and other maternal and child health issues.
In charge of overall program operations, the Chief of Party will have broad experience in the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of reproductive health programs; experience in training; expertise in the development and marketing of family planning products an services; and expert knowledge in the development of communications strategies based on disciplined use of consumer research. The position will be base in Garoua in Northem Cameroon and report to the Country Representative(CR) based in Yaoundé.
- Your will provide ongoing technical and operationnal assistance to ACMS and coordinate with PSI's multidisciplinary teams of experts and Headquarters backstopping teams that jointly support the implementation of ACMS project component in Cameroon.
- You will ensure quality and timely reporting to the donor and be accountable for project results.
- You are an excellent team player and good manager with substancial experience in social marketing.
- You also have experience in administrative and financial management, as well as leading and facilitating internal and external audits, of projects and programs in French-speaking Africa.
- You have sound knowledge of procedures and practical experience in the implementation of German Financial Cooperation(KfW) projects and/or other projects funded by bilateral and/or multilateral donors.
- You are used to coordinating short-term expert teams, multi-stakeholder work and working with multidisciplinary and multicultural teams.
- Your excellent diplomatic skills will be used to represent the project to the donor, partner, organizations and the Ministry of Health.
- Your external skills will ensure that the project is well known by PSI globally and with PSI's external partners.
Based in : Garoua, Cameroon
Type of contrat: Expatriation
Date of assumption of duty: August 2020 and duration depends on funding
Position Level: PSI Grid.
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of Cameroon, the Chief of Party for Access to Reproductive Health Services, will be responsible for the management of the project including the preparation and presentation of the work plan, reports, monitoring and evaluation activities, developement of activities, relations between donors and partners, awareness-raising and marketing. He/She will have for main attributions:
- Provide overall leadership and directio for the ProFam clinics Social Franchising project in 4 regions of Cameroon
- Oversee program administration, implementation, procurement, fiscal management and subaward monitoring in close collaboration with key team membres in 4 projet sub-offices
- Lead financial oversight and monitoring of the project in collaboration with ACMS finance staff and PSI/W
- Ensure implementation of franchised family health services, interpersonal communication programming, marketing and sales and distribution
- Coordinate technical training and support for 372 ProFam clinics franchises in long acting reversible family planning methods
- Develop and implement innovative strategies for increased uptake of modern family planning methods(Oral contraceptives, injectables, intra-uterine devices and implants) and the distribution of ORS/Zinc
- Develop and manage external relations with donor, governement, NGOs and a commercial entities
- Contribute to knowledge management efforts across PSI platforms;
- Liaise with PSI/Washington departments on budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis (both programmatic and operational)
- Ensure that the project is contractually compliant and completing all deliverables.
- Provide technical expertise to CR, Directors, key managers and other platform staff;
- Strengthen the capacity of and transfer skills to staff enabling them to take ownership of their jobs and to independently implement, manage and improve business practices and technical services
- Contribute to platform strategic planning;
- Assist CR and senior staff to establish and enforce platform policies and procedures in order to achieve PSI Minimum Standards
- Develop and implement systems that result in improved operational efficiency and reduced organizational risk.
What are we looking for?
The candidate we hire will embody PSI's corporate values:
- Collaboration: You can work independently, but thrive within a team
- Trust: You trust that your manager and team will have your back and care deeply about gaining that same trust from your teammates
- Pragmatism: You dive in and maintain momentum even when things are ambiguous and you don't let perfect get in the way of good enough.
- Honesty: You aren't afraid to speak up and speak your mind.
- Measurement: You set clear and challenging goals and hold yourself accountable to driving measurable results
- Commitment: You're independent and a free thinker, but you're ready to buy in to the direction of the team and commit to its success.
Skills, qualifications and professional experience required
- Minimum of ten years work experience managing a team in a developing country;
- Proven success in management of complex operations, specifically KfW awards and procedures, in a challenging, developing country environment;
- Proven experience with social marketing and behavior change communication
- Experience in managing international health and/or family planning programs;
- Health fanchising experience preferred;
- Knowledge of international developement and reproductive health issues including modern FP-methods;
- Familiarity with the international donor community;
- Familiarity and interest in healthcare financing and strategies that promote increased sustainability of the project.
- Fluency in English and French
- Relevant post-graduate degree (MBA, MIA, MPH, etc.) or in a related field, related to development;
- The successful candidate will be a creative, innovative and strategic thinker, and will have excellent communication, analytical, organizational, interpersonal and cross-cultural skills; a strong interest in private sector approaches to developement; and a proven ability to produce results and meet objectives under difficult circumstances
- References will be required.
- The successfull candidate will be required to pass a background check.
What would get us excited?
Experience manager: You have been a Country Director, Residend Advisor or Chief of Party , managing large projects before.
Capacity Builder: You have experience in building institutions, local technical management and leadership capacity
Collaborative manager: You have successfully helped teams to learn, grow, and thrive in their work.
A connector: You have experience working with Ministries of Health, health care companies, or global health donors and technical partners.
- A letter of motivation
- A detailed curriculum vitae(CV) according to the form available on the site: www.acms-cm.org
- Photocopies of diplomas required. A verification of the diplomas will be carried out for the successful candidate
- Documents justifying the candidate's experience
Where to deposit you application:
Complete files will be sent to the following address: CM_recrutement@acms-cm.org
Candidates under contract with the Cameroonian Public Service are not eligible.
Female and male candidates are strongly encouraged to apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ACMS reserves the right to recruit at a lower level or on the basis of a modified job profile.